Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Article about: I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!! But closing the threat http://www.warre

Default Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I shot the bloody cat.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I dont think any other section but the helmet one gets so many ebay related threads. I dont see anything wrong with ebay and post objects from ebay for opinions, though I have confidence they may be authentic before hand. I never venture down the helmet path on ebay as I know I will find nothing but fake helmets or messed with junk, with the exception of barely recognisable relic lids with supposed connection with normandy and about 50 bullet holes.

Though I understand the humour in these threads, after a while they become droll and humourless.

The "Worst Fakes ever" thread on GHW2 is funny as you know any really bad, fake ebay junk is put there and you wont come across a stream of the same ebay stuff when trying to look at authentic objects.

post-36-1248482331.jpg

Cheers, Pat

Quote by Adrian View Post
    And that is why we want to keep these pointless threads from the forum and to keep it at the top of the pile. We don't need threads discussing ebay junk when there is so much more and better things out there to spend our time looking at and discussing.
    The new members here on the whole a re good folk and we don't want them to stop joining because the forum is turning into an ebay junk joke forum. Any new members who are here for any other reason than discussing militaria or just want to be a part of something without contributing much are quickly found out.
    A serious collector will keep returning because he or she knows they can post their collection, discuss their hobby and help others in a decent and friendly place.
    Well said!
    Pretty much covers it. It is not so much the new members who honestly don't know about what they are posting that is the problem, rather it is the members that have been here a while that know what they are posting is NOT original.
    JMHO,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I understand there is a distinction between posting eBay junk for the purpose of getting a “laugh” or using the forum simply to try and find a diamond in the rough for profit and asking legitimate questions.

As a new forum member I’ve probably fallen in the category of posting too many questions about items (including eBay items) and realized that long before I noticed this thread. It did however serve an important purpose for me and I gained a lot of knowledge from certain forum members but also learned where to go to continue learning without always needing to post every little question before making a purchase. It’s far easier to learn about WW2 than it is to learn about what to look for in certain pieces or how soldiers may have dressed 70 years ago.

For a new member and new collector there is also an anxiousness to start collecting items sooner rather than later, particularly after viewing so many wonderful collections on here. There’s a certain inclination in this day and age to browse eBay but unfortunately it’s loaded with rubbish including mundane items that a new collector would not think would be messed with. Patience certainly is a virtue and this forum does help as it gives us an opportunity to learn, read and become better equipped to spend our money wisely when the time finally comes. I’m sure many on here didn’t have that luxury when starting out and, speaking for myself, I genuinely appreciate the knowledge you’ve all provided and continue to provide.

There’s a certain nuance to this hobby and this forum, in particular, aids the new collector far more than some of you veterans may know.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I dont think any other section but the helmet one gets so many ebay related threads. I dont see anything wrong with ebay and post objects from ebay for opinions, though I have confidence they may be authentic before hand. I never venture down the helmet path on ebay as I know I will find nothing but fake helmets or messed with junk, with the exception of barely recognisable relic lids with supposed connection with normandy and about 50 bullet holes.

Though I understand the humour in these threads, after a while they become droll and humourless.

The "Worst Fakes ever" thread on GHW2 is funny as you know any really bad, fake ebay junk is put there and you wont come across a stream of the same ebay stuff when trying to look at authentic objects.

post-36-1248482331.jpg

Cheers, Pat
    Laugh out loud!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

There really is no problem with any member posting a piece for discussion or asking questions. Even questions that get asked over and over again will get answered. I don't think there is any member so arrogant as to dismiss a genuine question from a genuine collector, this thread isn't about that.
    Sometimes these repetative questions are quite good as it helps older collectors to keep their eye in so to speak. We are all here to help each other for the good of our collective hobby and to educate ourselves alongside fellow collectors from around the world and at all levels. We don't operate and certainly don't encourage a 'class' system here. Every collector on every level is welcome.

This thread is to try and make clear that while we encourage serious discussion in a friendly environment we don't encourage threads which are posted for the sole intention of riducule and for the shock factor. The odd one showing something unusual is fine but not time and time again by the same members which all attract the same comments. They really are a waste of time.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lightbulb Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    How much did you pay for this rare item, if you don't mind my asking ? I'm thinking of giving up on all those fake 1939-dated KvK2s around the place ( I really want a 1941 or 1942 one, perhaps someone can post a link ? ).

On a more serious note, I do get rather bored with e-bay links.......

just to let you all no i dont care about bringing up my post number. and i comented on the ebeay helmet just for the fact its vents wrere welded up just haven seen that befor. just just thought i would add somthing about what i think about eday. as far as one liners i do not work around computers or have had not much to do with them most of my life. ive never been able to read or spell most of my life but since ive been on this site its have helpt me in that area but with images of items helps me understain more. i dont use spell check to try to make me spell better. and what dose banwidth mean. but im trying to get better with my posts.

Quote by geelong View Post
    and what dose banwidth mean.
    Bandwidth:

I think there are some misleading terms being used here. Bandwidth is an incorrect term. It’s about Data Storage. This Website and all the information contained within, takes up a lot of space. Server Data storage, Hosting is not cheap, not cheap at all. All these useless threads take up space, that’s maybe what the MODs concerns are, data storage costs a lot of money. I know a little about it because it’s what I do for a living.....most of the time! haha (from poster in this thread).
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

ok thanks for clearing that up for me. that item was a part of history and it can be intresting to see how these items or war were used for more peace full things after the war.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast