Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

Article about: I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!! But closing the threat http://www.warre

Default About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

I am sorry to bring thise up! Not ment to sart a fight, because I highly rescpect and like Adrian and the people who "liked" Adrian's post!!
    But closing the threat https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/relic...it-all-266401/ and the comment given seemed misplaced to me! Or did I missed something!?
    I agree we need to be economical with the bandwidth; that was the reason why I only posted a print screen of the helmet.
    And I agree some subjects do come up over and over again, but that may be due to the succes of the forum.
    I regulary see a waist of bandwidth by other more prestigious members... again here is no disrispect ment, on the contrary.
    I also see little difference in the threat Dan started and https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...er-art-257460/ ....for example!
    I think that treating all kind of subjects is the strenght and what makes the forum sympathic for many,if not all.
    To me; mod's are right to controle the bandwidth, but the time one wastes is entyrely up to him self! ;-)
    Could it be that the bandwidth is also the reason why I don't seem to get a "button sub forum" !! (lol!!)
    Just my 2 cent in the hope to improve a all ready great forum.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Default Re: About waste of bandwidth and time on the forum

It's not about the waste of bandwidth on the odd thread but we see too many threads of the same type started over and over and over again.

There is a habit developing where members trawl through the auction sites to find the worst piece of militaria they can find and then decide they have to share it with us all here. The odd thread fine - but time and time again? It really isn't necessary.

There was a member recently - Kylesbullets I think that used to do the exact same thing - to what end? Why are we wasting time and bandwidth discussing such obvious rubbish?
    The thread starter in the case you mentioned above actually asked for the thread to be closed in post #15. In that case, why bother starting it in the first place?

Again, one of my huge gripes is when members post a link to an ebay auction or item for sale without posting the pics. When the auction ends or the piece gets old, we are just left with a waste of space as we won't be able to see the subject of the thread this just makes it even more pointless.

If a member wants to search the net for the worst piece of militaria he or she can find, then it's entirely up to them but please don't think the rest of us wish to see it too. Most here prefer to discuss authentic militaria or how to decipher the fakes from originals, not look at horror shows that a kid in their Dad's garage has knocked up from a tea tray, spray can and welding torch. There just isn't any point to keep posting such utter rubbish.

If you want to share such thing about do it by private message or email, there is no point in posting it on the forum.

I'm not saying that anyone here doesn't mind the odd laugh and joke about things - far from it - but it gets a little tiresome when the same members post the same pig swill over and over again and think they're actually doing a service to the rest of us.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Easy now chaps.He's been under a lot of pressure lately.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I personally do not have a problem with these type of threads, but I think they would be better off in the Discussion Forum. Or perhaps someone could make an eBay helmet thread where members can post eBay listings not suitable for the Helmet Forum

So others have noticed a decrease in valuable threads? I feel like we discuss and view more junk as of lately, or "rubbish" as Adrian likes to say ( ) than good quality items. Maybe it's a sign of the times and members aren't buying as much as they used to so they don't have as much to show. Or maybe it's an increase in new members or passers by just throwing up whatever they have hoping to possess some big score. I believe the German helmet section has been dumped on with junk eBay helmets time after time, and the same advice is given time after time. Anyone feel the same, especially in helmet land?
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 02-11-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Typing on iPhone is a pain. Fixing spelling errors.

?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I personally do not have a problem with these type of threads, but I think they would be better off in the Discussion Forum. Or perhaps someone could make an eBay helmet thread where members can post eBay listings not suitable for the Helmet Forum
    To what end?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Again, one of my huge gripes is when members post a link to an ebay auction or item for sale without posting the pics. When the auction ends or the piece gets old, we are just left with a waste of space as we won't be able to see the subject of the thread this just makes it even more pointless.
    You are right about that!
    But then again it is a forum policy. Due to my intrest for WWI spike helmets, I also take part at the debats on pickelhaube forum.
    And on that forum they only put links to ebay without pic's, probably in order to go easy on the bandwith, I never asked, but one adapts and do with it! I am just telling thise to point out that not all fora works the same way....
    I was just kicked from a French button forum for showing to much intrest in German WWII items! (??)
    Also want to ad that I prefere complete threats!

cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I have noticed an increasing amount of threads in which people seem to be not exactly grateful for the help and advice given to them. Ok, that was off topic, but still that is how I see it.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    I have noticed an increasing amount of threads in which people seem to be not exactly grateful for the help and advice given to them. Ok, that was off topic, but still that is how I see it.
    That's not entirely off topic. I think it all is linked together. We entertained some of these threads and meet get a thanks, but keep entertaining them. It just eggs them on.

?

I believe that the main reason for the forum's existence, is the study of genuine period artifacts. No amount of fleaBay garbage will assist this. However, a small place should be reserved for reproduction/fantasy pieces, due to the benefit that beginners gain from seeing the enemies colours.

The study of genuine items is paramount.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast