Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adicted to collecting

Article about: Guys im looking for some moral support.A freinds child was recently in my apartment and ,since has called it like a museum.my problem is i not only collect militaria /30 german helmets inclu

Default Adicted to collecting

Guys im looking for some moral support.A freinds child was recently in my apartment and ,since has called it like a museum.my problem is i not only collect militaria /30 german helmets included ect ect.I also have about 6 large victorian clocks ,leather bound books ect ect ect ect,and other stuff the list is endless.I am alittle embarrarased if a new visitor comes sometimes there is very little room to actualy live in it.The bottom line is i adore the collecting ,and the collection i have got and it gives me great pleasure,Are there other guys who have the same problem with their collecting bug?

Default Re: Adicted to collecting

yes... my wife !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I made a living out of it, so it wouldn't be that obvious ...
    It became a collection that often changes, but it is still a collection. Most of my friends also call my home a museum.
    Buying is more important to me then selling. I remember my grandma, who lived thru two world wars , saying ;"selling is losing"....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Well the best way for me to put it is that I sleep in a museum, not a bedroom

Thanks

Danny

Hi,
    Collecting can be an addiction i know of one collector that if he get the thought of buying an item and has to wait for it he cant sleep.
    That i think is an addiction, as for your collectives ie, different collections in one, I think if you collect one type of item say,
    Military, Clocks, or books ect, you will feel better than having a host of stuff everywhere. and confine it to one area of your home.
    But it is your choice. i think we are all mad, being together we dont notice it.

dave.

I have gone from a little file of documents to custom built cupboards & shelves in the living room displaying my collection. I get some weird looks & questions from my mtes but hey, thats what this forum is about... chatting to people with similar interests! Dont get down about it... talk about it
    Dan

Jan
    ?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    yes... my wife !

Nick
    Part of the reason I left my wife actually

Cheers Jan

Reg
    ?

Hi All

Ive got the collecting bug, the only problem is my dear wife! I have a collection of 20cent militaria that I would dearly love to hang up, display, mount etc (oo err matron!) she wont even let me hang my own earned ops medals on the wall. Everything has to be kept in closets, lofts and drawers.

Im paranoid that one of the wifes delicate musician friends will open the wrong door on the way to the loo one day and be confronted with a broom cupboard rammed with rifles, tin helmets, gasmasks etc and suffer some sort of arty farty seizure and insist she be rid of this heathen warmonger collector husband!! Anyone else a "closet collector"?

Best wishes in sympathy

Reg

Jan
    ?

All collectors unite and get out of the closets

Rgds Jan

Obama's bail-out binge is sure to cause horrendous inflation.

Some (rich) people are stocking up on gold, but I rather like the idea of well-chosen collectibles as a hedge.

Actually that's just a paper justification.....I collect because I like the old stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast