Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Adiction to collecting too much.

Article about: I think i mentioned something simialar before,but my buying goes on.How do i get to the stage where i have say about 5 german helmets representing the evoloution of it, instead of about 35 g

Default Adiction to collecting too much.

I think i mentioned something simialar before,but my buying goes on.How do i get to the stage where i have say about 5 german helmets representing the evoloution of it, instead of about 35 german helmet.How do i just have one victorian clock instead of about seven.This is just a tiny part of the problem.I have sold stuff in the past when money was tight.As money isnt tight at the moment i have no incentive to sell ,and still only buy.Have any of you got any ideas which might help what is actually becoming a problem or has been for a long time!lv

Default Re: Adiction to collecting too much.

Hi Las Vegas

Only buy expensive items, your collection won't grow so quick and you will be much happier with what you have in your hands...

Greetz

Nick VR

Thats a good point nick vr and it ties in with me reducing the helmets to say five, good quality ,picklehaube,m16 ,35,40,42.the idea would work for the antiques too.its just getting the motivation to start the process of selling a lot,and all that that entails,thanks for the advice ,lv

Nick has a good plan with buying quality. LV, My big problem is I become too attached to some of my "stuff". I absolutely can not bring myself to sell any of my rifles. I have an SVT-40 I almost sold, but Ade's comments keep banging around in my head. How many times have you heard, "I wish I'd never sold that". As we have discussed many times, it's an illness fellas, but one I can certainly live with and enjoy. I wish someone could explain that to my wife!

Take care,
    Jay

Sitges yes people are always on at me to reduce what i have and i tell them its better than being an alcoholic or gambler,well thats my defence.happy collecting jay.,lv