Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Advice on the future look to History Obama takes a leaf out of Hitlers book.

Article about: I've just seen the news (06/12/08) 'What have Obama and Hitler got in common?' ROAD BUILDING!. Look to history to learn for the future, In 1930s Germany at the height of inflation and depres

Default Advice on the future look to History Obama takes a leaf out of Hitlers book.

I've just seen the news (06/12/08)

'What have Obama and Hitler got in common?'

ROAD BUILDING!.

Look to history to learn for the future,
    In 1930s Germany at the height of inflation and depression the Nazis came to power, amongst other things promising jobs for the masses. Even before rearmament, Hitler gave jobs to the mass unemployed by building the infrastructure, autobahns. Few machines were involved, all by hand with shovels because more could be employed for the use of one machine. It provided the people with work, pay and self respect.
    Today many of these routes still exist and some even with the original concrete surfaces.

Watching the news today, Obama has just announced to help the US ecomomy and 2.5 million people, on entering office he will rebuild the US infrastructure (1950s) road system, providing work, pay and self worth for the depression hit US.
    I guess he must read history. It worked for Hitlers Germany it should work for Obama's US.
    I realise Hitlers eye on the future, was autobahns would move his Armies quickly, the US scheme isn't for this purpose, providing work for the people and kick starting the US economy is.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Advice on the future look to History Obama takes a leaf out of Hitlers book.

Hitler did build a good road system for Germany. Too bad that's the only thing nice to say about him.

Default Re: Advice on the future look to History Obama takes a leaf out of Hitlers book.

It sounds more like he's learned a trick from FDR and his "New Deal" which was started in 1933 ( New Deal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )..Many were against it but ,the WPA worked back in the 30's and I think they're trying to bring it back.
    Here's a link --
    Works Progress Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now the question is ..did Adolf copy FDR or ?

Obama does not have an original idea here that's for sure

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Hitler did build a good road system for Germany. Too bad that's the only thing nice to say about him.
    I heard Hitler was a great gardener. FDR and the New Deal is more similar to Obama's plan. It was a great plan so why not copy it. Once again history is repeating itself. This time on a positive note.