Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice reqd please

Article about: Hi guys i have around £500 to invest in militaria, not a massive sum but one i would like to use wisely, so i am torn between a nice k98 , or nice m42 shell or even a nice m1 helmet set, dag

Default Advice reqd please

Hi guys i have around £500 to invest in militaria, not a massive sum but one i would like to use wisely,
    so i am torn between a nice k98 , or nice m42 shell or even a nice m1 helmet set, dagger, anything really.
    my concern here in the UK deacs may well loose value.
    so if you had 500 to play what would you get.

Buy the item that really interests you. The one that speaks to you in some
    way. If you are buying as an investment you will soon be disappointed.

Being from a country that allows people to own guns, I would have a very
    hard time spending £500 on a firearm that does not work and can not be made to work.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Agree with Greg, find something that appeals to you. Finding a good deal doesn't hurt if one presents itself. For me, I have so many varied interest, it's a bit easier if an opportunity to acquire original period items presents itself. I find it all so very cool!

As Greg as said,, you may not want to purchase a deactivated firearm..not sure the resale value will be there. Not sure where your collecting interest is but you could search out medal groups or more complete items. You mentioned a helmet shell, but you can purchase a complete helmet or dagger for the amount you want to spend.. I would do some research and be patient.. remember that militaria items will always be around, but your money after spent will not...spend your hard earned money on something you really would like...

Smitty

Thanks guys, i might go towards a mk1 M3 knife, i have mk 2 and 3 here but no rush, i also own nothing of original SS items which is a minefield on its own.