Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

All Australian members help

Article about: Hi I am looking for some Riker Mounts, the display cases with a glass face and white stuff inside to hold items in place. I have looked on ebay and around and can not find anybody that has t

Exclamation All Australian members help

Hi
    I am looking for some Riker Mounts, the display cases with a glass face and white stuff inside to hold items in place. I have looked on ebay and around and can not find anybody that has them in AUS, so if you know an Australian site that has them or a shop in Brisbane if possible that has them please post.

Thanks LUFTAUS

Default Re: All Australian members help

I have never used these, infact had to look up what they actually are. By the looks of it you may have to go overseas for them.

Jason

What do you use to display cloth and medals then.?

I use male and female sticky back velcro. Its great as it does not damadge the backing, however it is very strong. You can buy it in strips.

I just display my cloth and medal on little Perspex easels or just flat in the cabinet

Jason

i am doing that to but i want a riker to put my cuff titles in and my armbands.

Unless you make your own type of display case you may need to buy overseas for the specific design.

Jason

i have seen some at the big show in QLD but i have no asked the sellers so i will next moth at the show.
    thanks for the help

?

Hello LUFTAUZ
    Your cufftitles & armbands lay flat. Why not just frame them in a good quality picture frame.? I have seen this done, & if it is done well
    it looks excellent. I seem to remember a thread on a Member's armband collection that was mounted in such a manner. I can tell you
    now that it is not exactly easy to find suitable display cabinets here in Australia. I have used an Ikea Klingsbo display cabinet with some
    success. Not the upright kind, but the other type that they have listed. It does the job but lets in the dust. I haven't seen Riker type
    mounts available in Australia & reckon that the picture frame idea might just be the way to go.

Regards
    Brett

Thanks for the info, i like to be able to take them out to show to other collectors so a frame would not work for me.

LUFTAUZ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast