Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another final essay topic!

Article about: Good Afternoon, As I stated in another similar post. I am studying at the University Of Cologne and for my other final essay I will be discussing how French Colonies and there role during th

Default Another final essay topic!

Good Afternoon,

As I stated in another similar post. I am studying at the University Of Cologne and for my other final essay I will be discussing how French Colonies and there role during the First World War. Also how French Colonial Troops played a vital role in the war. As I stated in my previous post, Im not asking anyone to do my paper for me but to start a discussion that can help me with my research and have like minded people discussing an interesting topic. Feel free to post anything relevant to this topic. I look forward to seeing your responses when I return from Paris and NORMANDY!!! On Sunday! Thank you. - Nick K

Be careful if you go down this route. It is all well and good holding discussions with like-minded persons. But unless you know how and where they formed their opinions - and how much research they did to reach those opinions, you may end up with the wrong answers. You cannot beat first-hand period accounts and period documents to find the answers you want.

?

You may want to refer to the book " France, Soldiers,and Africa" by Anthony Clayton, which covers the Armee d'Afrique from it's beginnings until it's disbandment circa 1960. Certainly covers the WWI period.

BobS

Good point Harry, I would not anyone to post without a source of reference. Also Thanks for the book Bob! I will check it out. - Nick K