Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anthropoid-Let me pose you this question....

Article about: Hey guys, Seen as though 'Anthropoid' has just been released in the US, and will be in the UK next month, I was thinking today, would the 2 Czech's who killed Reinhard Heydrich, still have c

Default Anthropoid-Let me pose you this question....

Hey guys,
    Seen as though 'Anthropoid' has just been released in the US, and will be in the UK next month, I was thinking today, would the 2 Czech's who killed Reinhard Heydrich, still have carried out the attack knowing about the repercussions at places like Lidice and others? I mean in hindsight we are all amazing decision makers, but this is a very poignant question question. So I'd like to ask you, if you were one of the Czech assassins and you knew what would happen at Lidice if you killed Heydrich, would you still have carried out the attack? Was one man worth whole villages of people being massacred, even if he was the worst of the worst?

I think, the thinking behind it had they known would've been the same had Heydrich stayed alive the whole war could well have had a different ending. He was dangerous IMO. Stewy

Given the nature of the regime occupying Czechoslovakia, they would have had a pretty good idea what was going to happen in the aftermath of any attack on Heydrich or any other senior Nazi there.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Given the nature of the regime occupying Czechoslovakia, they would have had a pretty good idea what was going to happen in the aftermath of any attack on Heydrich or any other senior Nazi there.
    Yes they would, they knew they'd be repercussions, but to what scale compared to what actually happened, who knows.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I think, the thinking behind it had they known would've been the same had Heydrich stayed alive the whole war could well have had a different ending. He was dangerous IMO. Stewy
    You're right, he was a bloody dangerous fella, you don't get the nickname ' The Blond Beast' for nothing!

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Exactly!....

This question-isn't about what they knew or whatever, it's about what you would've done, just wanted to make that clear, if this is a silly question then admin please delete, I don't wanna get a name for myself where it seems I'm an idiot, sorry

MAP
    ?

There is no correct answer IMHO. It is philosophical

Do the ends justify the means? Or the opposite?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I wasn't looking for a definitive answer, just wanted to know what others would've done, so yes it's philosophical.

I seem to have asked a very silly question, sorry about that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast