Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anthropoid - Reinhard Heydrich

Article about: I'm not much of a movie guy, but appears that there is a new movie coming out about Operation Anthropoid, the plot to assassinate Heydrich. Hollywood but maybe it will be good.... https://m.

MAP
    ?

Default Anthropoid - Reinhard Heydrich

I'm not much of a movie guy, but appears that there is a new movie coming out about Operation Anthropoid, the plot to assassinate Heydrich.

Hollywood but maybe it will be good....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=blAKCJcXC5c
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Keep us posted Michael... very rare to see a US made movie like this.

Last great work was Schindlers list and Private Ryan.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Keep us posted Michael... very rare to see a US made movie like this.

Last great work was Schindlers list and Private Ryan.
    Agree Larry they were tops!

Doubt I will find the time however to see this in the theater...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP, this comes out today in the US, and September the 9th in the UK. Looks really good, I would like to also watch Operation Daybreak, which is also about RH assassination. Here's the poster for the film..... Note that Reinhard Heydrich has both a Generals Collar Tab and an SS collar tab, bit of a cock up on behalf of the studio designer, but I'm sure we can see past that! Haha
    Attached Images Attached Images

They could've used my pics for the film,if they'd asked. Stewy

To be frank, it seems like only these types of films are done about WW2 nowadays. The assassination of Heydrich is an interesting story, but I'm longing for something else. I get that resistance stories appeal to a wider audience tho.
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 08-12-2016 at 06:54 PM.

MAP
    ?

It got poor reviews (well at least in the Wall Street Journal today). Although they praise the actors they said it was slow and plodding for much of the movie.

That said, I don't think a reviewer would understand it like we would so who knows. We will see. Given the topic however, I don't expect it to be a blockbuster

Movie critic reviews are always a matter of their opinion. I have seen movies deemed as poor by these armchair movie experts and thought it was great and crap movies i thought were bad .that recieved high praise. Movie reviewers are as useless as weather reporters...sometimes they hit the mark and others not.

I agree Michael .... we would be able to follow it because f what we study and the historical content. They say this movie is slow..probably because there is not enough "Vin Diesel " and Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" type shootem up bang bang movies.
    This is the reason most likely they say its slow.

I will go and see it alone if I have to...as my wife has no interest in these films. Im curious of the actor himself and how well he will play the character.

Ralph Fiennes played an exemplary role of his Schindlers list Character Camp Commandant Amon Goethe.

Its the amount of realism in acting and in wardrobe that makes a movie very convincing.
    Hetzers observation of the SS tab on the same collar as the general tab already taints the movie making it more "Hollywood" than period reminiscent.

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas ..was epic in realism and acting. Obviously because it was a British made film and not poisoned by Hollywood Glitz and Glamour.
    Thank God no Kardashians

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'll be watching it, the trailer looked quite good!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'll be watching it, the trailer looked quite good!....
    I'm not wishing to upset our American cousins, but their track record of historical accuracy in war films is not that good. Take for example the film 'U571'. What a complete load of bo**ocks that was! And whether this latest film will be better than Operation Daybreak is debatable. Maybe we will see a crack unit of US Rangers carrying out the assassination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast