Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Idea Why?.....

Article about: A friend of mine is doing some construction work in Speke, he's working in a street opposite John Lennon airport. He's told me over about the last week quite a few RAF aircraft such as Hercu

Default Any Idea Why?.....

A friend of mine is doing some construction work in Speke, he's working in a street opposite John Lennon airport. He's told me over about the last week quite a few RAF aircraft such as Hercules, Hawks and Tornadoes have been doing "touch and go" landings (screaming along the runway, touching the wheels down and climbing away).
    He's asked a few locals what's going on and a couple of people say they see happen now and again but never as often as now, any ideas folks?....

Loud noise and flames reported over Wallasey were caused by Tornado jet on training approach to Liverpool airport - Liverpool Echo here is an article in the local newspaper about the tornados. I've seen pairs of tornados flying up the Mersey at low level on a few occasions now. I have also seen chinooks flying around the city as well. A prelude to something maybe???

That many RAF stations have been closed down because of Government cut-backs, the military are now having to use John Lennon airport on a 'pay as you land' contract. They are also providing air cover for my book-launch here in Warrington this Friday.

i wonder if its anything to do with the most misrepresented political adversary known to nato ........

A Transporter like the Hercules would "Touch & Go" while simultaneously unloading pallets of supplies from the rear ramp in a "Hot Zone"...The others being fighter/bombers performing such a maneuver would suggest carrier-landing practice or at the least some type of close Air/Ground Support...
    Strictly my Armchair Lutwaffe General Assessment, lol...

Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    A Transporter like the Hercules would "Touch & Go" while simultaneously unloading pallets of supplies from the rear ramp...The others being fighter/bombers performing such a maneuver would suggest carrier-landing practice or at the least some type of close Air/Ground Support...
    Strictly my Armchair General Assessment, lol...
    Glenn
    I could understand if the Tornado and Hawk were naval aircraft Glenn, indeed the Royal navy does not even have any aircraft carriers at the moment it's certainly a little strange though!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I could understand if the Tornado and Hawk were naval aircraft Glenn, indeed the Royal navy does not even have any aircraft carriers at the moment it's certainly a little strange though!...
    They need something to keep the Scouser's in check! The border between Cheshire and Merseyside is not that far from here...

I didn't know that the Royal Navy doesn't have a Carrier at the moment...that's staggering news to me, Gunny...
    Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I didn't know that the Royal Navy doesn't have a Carrier at the moment...that's staggering news to me, Gunny...
    Glenn
    Just typical of the lunatics running the country Glenn, they scrap our carriers as well as the sea Harriers that operated from them!...

Yeah don't we have a time share going on with the French with a carrier??? Just hope the Argentinians don't decide to invade the Falklands as we will not be able to defend or take back those islands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast