Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Any other interests in history?

Article about: by Poromies You are very lucky TrondK I plan to visit Gamla Uppsala and the archaeological site of Birka this summer when I am visiting my father. Thank you. Lets hope you will have a great

The Viking/Anglo-Saxon period for me, Warrington (where i live) was on the border of the Danelaw and English Mercia, i don't think any Viking artefacts have been found in this area though.
    The river Mersey which is about 200 yards from our house was part of the border and derives its name from the Anglo-Saxon maeres ea, which means boundary river!....

?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Thanks mate, sure was. Lots of problems up there as its now a huge gas plant and they are moving alot of the engravings etc
    Yeah, I gathered from the link, that there were problems on account of the plant. Too bad.

I study history at University of Copenhagen, and will hopefully be able to teach high school students one day.

You could say, that I am pretty much living in the past. All my hobbies are centred around past events (militaria collecting and re-enacting), and as a student of history, I hardly ever read of do anything not related to history.

Coming from the birthplace of aviation (Ohio) I've always loved aviation history. My father also served in the US Air Force from 1957-1964. I also collect items from the space race since a few of the greats were/are also from Ohio.(Mercury, Gemini and the Apollo programs)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6