Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any suggestions for a military firearm?

Article about: I am going to the SOS in Kentucky, and I plan on picking up a few things. I plan on bringing 800.00 dollars. Do you guys have any suggestions for a few military firearms. I'm thinking a Naga

Default Any suggestions for a military firearm?

I am going to the SOS in Kentucky, and I plan on picking up a few things. I plan on bringing 800.00 dollars. Do you guys have any suggestions for a few military firearms. I'm thinking a Nagant 1895, but what do you guys think. I don't want to spend a lot on one gun. Just want to think of some ideas to get the brain flowin'. If you guys need to delete this thread, do so. I don't want to waste your time. Thanks guys.

?

Default Re: Any suggestions for a military firearm?

for that money im sure you could buy a luger.

There was a time not too long ago when you could get a surplus M1 Garand
    for $200-$300 up here, but condition was not the greatest. WWI and II
    Enfield rifles should still be rather inexpensive. A nice M1 Carbine should
    be around $400-$500. Depends on what you are interested in.

I guess anything that is very common would still be 'affordable' today.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would not go for a Luger because it can run you a $1,000.

Depending if your 21, pistol i would get would be Walther p38 which i would pay $600 to $800.

I think mosin is good first gun. In my state you can get that gun for $100. (big 5)
    I love WWII (or) German K 98 that gun i would get. that runs in my anywhere from $250-$400. (depending on year and manufacture) it will be mismatched. Machted K98 is worth thousands of dollars.

Non fire arms
    get stuff that you dont usally find in your area or somthing you really want.

Key thing is you got to hagle a little if the price is to high for you.

Thanks guys. I'd love a Luger, but i'm inheriting one eventually. I might go with an M1 Carbine, although I love the M1A1's. Mosin's areound here are 60 bucks.

Oh, I'm 14......but my father would "buy it for me". If you catch my drift.

Ok, what are you planning on using it for, would it be for home defense, or for collecting only, or just a plinker.

Brian

?

With $800 you could pick up a couple firearms. As already stated, K98's run $250-$400 and Nagant's around $100 (for that make sure it includes the holster and lanyard).

Standard Mosin Nagant rifles, which are fun to shoot and ammo is cheap, can go for $80 (mismatched serial #s) up to $150 (matching unused). Of course there are rarer versions that go for more.

Walther P38's run around $700.

I've seen M1911's that are a littl beat up go for $400-$700.

All are shootable if your looking for a multipurpose gun (display as well) but as always, have them checked out by a gunsmith before firing to make sure they're safe to shoot.

If you're going with cash, you can either haggle the price or go with their asking price minus tax and background check fees. I've found most dealers are receptive to the latter, but usually only if you're paying with cash.

In any case, make sure you look at all of the vendors before making a purchase as there may be better deals at another vendor.

Good luck and make sure you post pictures of what you purchase!

I have built AR type weapons for people for under 800.00.

You would have to buy a kit, and stripped lower, and have a working knowledge of weapons to be able to assemble it, but I have done them for as low as 650.00

Brian

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Thanks guys. I'd love a Luger, but i'm inheriting one eventually. I might go with an M1 Carbine, although I love the M1A1's. Mosin's areound here are 60 bucks.
    really, where, I would give 60 buck for one in a new york minute, if it shoots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast