Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anybody visiting Stockholm?

Article about: If someone is visiting Stockholm in the future, I have a favor to ask from you. This is not military related not at all. One of my musical heroes, Tomas Forsberg, or Quorthon, died June 3d 2

Default Anybody visiting Stockholm?

If someone is visiting Stockholm in the future, I have a favor to ask from you. This is not military related not at all. One of my musical heroes, Tomas Forsberg, or Quorthon, died June 3d 2004 because of a heart attack. He started the band Bathory in 1983 at the age of 17 and recorded their first album in 1984. The first three were black metal albums, and after those, he took full control of Bathory in 1990, playing bass, guitars, and singing, drums were played by a session drummer. He pretty much dedicated his whole life to music, as he is the father of the genre viking metal, and he also had a project named Quorthon, after his nickname, that he used to record two rock albums. People who got to meet him described him as the most down to earth musician there was.

So, the request. If any of you are visiting Stockholm in the near future, could you spare some time to take pictures of Quorthons gravestone? I know this may sound stupid and worthless to you, but Quorthon is a very important musician to me. I could go take the photos myself when I visit my father in Stockholm, but the bus tickets cost a lot of money and my studies are taking up all my time, and the next time I get to visit Stockholm is next summer.

If you have time to photograph the gravestone, please PM me for the location of it. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Quorthon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bathory - Hammerheart - YouTube

In memory of ACE/QUORTHON

Ps. The song is really beautiful, dont fear, its not black metal

psps. just listened the song again from the website. First time I cried in five years, I guess there goes my top record!
    Last edited by Poromies; 11-25-2011 at 09:06 PM.