Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone else watching 'Dambusters: The Experiment?' in Canada

Article about: I'm watching the Dambusters recreation documentary at the moment of channel 4, and it's absolutely brilliant. Basically they have developed and deployed a bouncing bomb from scratch. As well

Default Anyone else watching 'Dambusters: The Experiment?' in Canada

I'm watching the Dambusters recreation documentary at the moment of channel 4, and it's absolutely brilliant. Basically they have developed and deployed a bouncing bomb from scratch. As well as this, they have built an actual dam to blow in Canada. Some great personalities in it too, give it a watch if you can find it!!

A snippet, a bit of a spoiler but the whole thing is well worth watching.

dambuster experiment- building the bomb - YouTube

?

Default Re: Anyone else watching 'Dambusters: The Experiment?' in Canada

YES ,ive seen it before but still worth watching , they had the setting of the sun programme on the night before with two remaining members of the original 617 raid Les Munro and Johnny Johnson , Lanc ,spitfires and Tornados , RAF band , Honour Party , excellent , after tonights programme did you watch the Falklands bombing raid by a lone Vulcan , terrific stuff

Default Re: Anyone else watching 'Dambusters: The Experiment?' in Canada

I did see the Vulcan raid as well Dave, really great few hours of TV last night. The story couldn't have been written better with the dramas of refuelling etc, not to mention the impending cuts of the V force. I was lucky enough to be able to sit in the cockpit of a Vulcan as a boy at Blackpool airport, I remember it very clearly. At the same time I was playing with the throttles a nearby helicopter began spinning up. I proceeded to crap my shorts. I soon realised it wasn't me doing it but it really seared the memory into my mind