Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

Article about: Hi folks, I'm looking for a courier to ship a Bren gun to the buyer, I tried TNT but they said they won't do it for a private sale. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this one?

Default Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

Hi folks, I'm looking for a courier to ship a Bren gun to the buyer, I tried TNT but they said they won't do it for a private sale. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this one?

?

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

Golf Clubs that what you transporting!!!!..I've done it before...insurance is around the same value just a tad on the heavy side lol... Cheers Terry. oh Parcel force deliver I had my MG53 through them not sure if the seller told them what it was mind!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with couriers in the UK & deactivated weapons?

Hi Andy,

You can borrow my van and fetch it yourself if you like, just put some diesel in it.

enhanced-buzz-4930-1311175645-9.jpg

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

lol, thanks for the offer Ned but I've a sneaky feeling that vehicle might be known to the police, I don't fancy being stopped with a machine gun in the back. Also, I doubt there is candy

I thought about maybe sending him some 'golf clubs', but the whole rig weighs 35kilos with the case. Some really serious clubs there.

Just tell then the weight is due to pro stiff shafts and lead swing weights.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    lol, thanks for the offer Ned but I've a sneaky feeling that vehicle might be known to the police, I don't fancy being stopped with a machine gun in the back. Also, I doubt there is candy...
    It's O.K., i've resprayed it since that photo was taken.

qq3u9.jpg

Call me, ya? Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi,
    I would seriously be careful in mis labelling your package as golf clubs when in fact its a de-ac gun. I think you'll find its breaking the rules by making a false declaration. I see your in the uk, where are you sending it to? I have occasionally sold the odd de-ac from here in Jersey, Channel Islands to the uk and sent them in the normal post. I have always put a seperate sealed envelope attached to the box and marked it "for customs use only" and put a copy of the de-ac cert inside with my address and the recipients. On the customs form I have just written"See seperate envelope". I have never had a problem doing it this way and the items always arrived at the other end.
    I know calling them golf clubs makes it easier, and its surely tempting to do that but is the parcel gets x rayed and they see the customs form does not tie up then they will sieze the gun and you could loose it.
    I guess we all do as we feel necessary, I have always found telling the truth gets the job done...but not always.
    D.

It's all within mainland UK, but to make things for difficult for me the cert has been lost. I never had it, the previous owner lost it or never had it himself. I'm thinking at this point either drive down and meet him somewhere, or send it via a deac dealer. Ideally he will come and pick it up but I don't think that's possible.

An you send the parcel by train ?

You should be able to get a new cert if you get the gun to the London/Birmingham proof house. Maybe a local dealer can help you with this. The gun will carry the necessary stamps and a new cert would be a formality.
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast