Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone from Manchester?

Article about: I have got a problem here! Have a look a the thread; http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-al...-nowak-324086/ So I tought (and still do!!) I was dealing with a fake trader,but in his last messa

Default Anyone from Manchester?

I have got a problem here!
    Have a look a the thread;
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-a...-nowak-324086/
    So I tought (and still do!!) I was dealing with a fake trader,but in his last message he said he would send me the helmet on his expenses and take it back, also at his expenses if i was to find the helmet no good!
    I said I would only take the helmet when I had it in hand, so now after several days he invited me at "a adress" he claims to be his.
    Could thise be checked before I make the tripp to Manchester.
    Thanks.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

ian
    ?

Default Re: Anyone from Manchester?

which area of manchester is he asking you to go to ,

I'm not too far away.

Scrooge ( Dave Holbrook) is from Manchester
    Ben

PM's send!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

ian
    ?

one of the things that worries me ,is there are no new pictures ,,whats the story there ??
    ask him for more pics ,usal in side out ,top bottom ,sides, that will at least prove (mabe )that he has the helmet ,allso better for assesment as to originality and he wont mind if he realy wants to/has it to sell
    cheers ian

Sounds to me like a good way to lose your wallet and gain a lump on the back of your head...at the very Least, bring someone else(or 2) with you to this meeting. And keep one of you at a distance so he can watch the proceedings but not be obvious.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ian
    ?

better still meat on neutral ground ,,in a public place ,and follow Wagriff,s advice

I am aware of a number of incidents where high value items have been purchased both parties meeting in a private room sometimes in a house or hotel to exchange goods for money. The result has been that no goods were forthcoming and the innocent party has been robbed of their money. Parts of manchester like many cities are incredibly dodgy and I would re-iterate the advice that if you do continue with the purchase make the exchange somewhere very public and with a friend for backup.

Best wishes

Robin

Wagriff makes a great and Only safe point......dont go alone...bring 2 extra guys. If scammers can beat you for the money through paypal..they will beat you physically.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast