Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ANZAC day 2012

Article about: by aussie mick Well Done Mate, We Thank you. Just doing my job mate !!!

Default ANZAC day 2012

G'day all,
    a few pics of our local ANZAC day march, Perth and Fremantle have much bigger services but when you have a six year old daughter it is better to stick to the local events which are smaller and have easier access to toilets etc.. It was a pretty good turn out for a small local service nonetheless, the proud looking older gent sitting in the truck is a 90 year old WW11 Veteran. The dawn service in Kings Park, Perth, attracted 45000 people at 5.45am this morning. the march through the city also attracted tens of thousands of people to cheer on our past and present service men and women with Perth turning on a lovely autumn day of 27C for the days events. Hope you enjoy the pics. Lest we forget.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: ANZAC day 2012

'Lest We Forget'

Nice pics and great to see the WW2 hero

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks like a good local turnout,Mate
    I know what you mean about sticking to the local events though,ive got a 7 year old who i wanted to take to the local dawn service,however it was held at 4.30am,
    No chance,we would have had to get up around 3.30 to get there.
    Anyway ive been watching ANZAC docos all day plus the Brisbane march.So sad to see the lines are getting very thin but good to see the Vietnam boys are taking up the banner.
    Lest We Forget
    Mick

G'day Mick, it looks as though there has been a great turnout right throughout the country, even Melbourne with the terrible weather they had this morning. I would have liked to take my daughter to the dawn service in Kings Park this morning but with 45000 people and limited toilets etc..it is a bit difficult for a six year old. She loves seeing the soldiers march and she made a few of the old boys feel pretty good because she made her own flag to wave for them it read "we love you ANZACS" her mum and dad were pretty proud of her too!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    She loves seeing the soldiers march and she made a few of the old boys feel pretty good because she made her own flag to wave for them it read "we love you ANZACS" her mum and dad were pretty proud of her too!
    I bet you were,

LOVE the GREAT Land Down Under!!!!!

?

Also good to see so many East Timor, Iraq,Afghanistan,Somalia and Bougainville younger veterans marching as well...I was going to march, but decided on a quiet one this year!!

I've marched in the last 5 ANZAC days and run three dawn services!!!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Also good to see so many East Timor, Iraq,Afghanistan,Somalia and Bougainville younger veterans marching as well...I was going to march, but decided on a quiet one this year!!

I've marched in the last 5 ANZAC days and run three dawn services!!!

Well Done Mate,
    We Thank you.

Great pics Dave, such a great event to say thanks to our diggers. Well done to you all, and we thank you

Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast