Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

An Apology.........

Article about: Again, too bad that he left. Especially in view of the show being cancelled and the ADMIN/MOD staff putting a lid on the debacle, so that it didnt develop into an all out witch hunt. Not a h

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    that's what they told me at the hospital where i was supposed to be having a tonsillectomy, and it wasn't until after they'd finished they realised that the table was the wrong way around.....
    ouch

At least you now have a nifty pair of hairy castanets to hang from your rear view mirror.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I would like to apologize to member Fred.

Last night, in error, I deleted his thread: 'Shame, nothing
    but a shame'. An accident on my part, and I'm sorry
    for any confusion this may have caused to Fred
    and the other members who responded
    to the thread.........
    Steve, I had previously "soft deleted" it, without apologies. IMO had no connection either in the title or subsequent posts with militaria. If resurrected should be in the gold members discussion section.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

This post is intentionally left blank.

The member Fred had contacted me and another mod and wished to leave this forum, partly due, in my words not his, in response to the Nat Geo show and its handling of human remains as they were represented on the advertising trailer for the show and this forum appearing to cover up and in some way condone the show.

I have known Fred for as Long as I have been using on line militaria forums and he was a great friend to me, a mentor in my collecting of cloth insignia and all around good guy.

As far as I am aware Fred has left this forum, which I think is a real shame and a great loss.

I should add that I did not see the thread prior to its deletion so I am making an informed guess as to its content and if I am incorrect I do apologise in advance.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Too bad. Both that you 'lost' a friend and mentor on the forum and that he is now lost to the forum, in a manner of speaking.
    But in the MODs defense, the thread (as I remember it) had no real message apart from the 'shame' part and there was no follow-up (as even though ADMINs/MODs are a cut above mere mortals, they are not mind readers) thus would easily fall within the realm of being deleted.

When I soft deleted the thread it was full of absolutely nothing!

Fred's opening statement 'its a shame......." and members replying " do tell....what is a shame?" and Fred not replying presumabably dramatic affect to build up to something, eventually.

Nothing about Nat Geo, militaria, the price of eggs, the weather...or anything else at all.

Ridiculous.

True, Fred could have responded, as I'm sure none of us
    knew where he was going with the thread at the time,
    but it was not my intention to hard delete it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve, if you had not deleted it I was going to anyway, to put it bluntly the thread was utter garbage and meant nothing at all, no explanation no nothing, did not make one bit of sense!
    Ben

I assume he started it and then was as good as his word to me and left the building, so to speak.

The unsaid was as far as I am aware because of the topics mentioned above and he probably assumed that to what he was referring was obvious.

I agree that if the thread was so devoid of obvious content, then its deletion was inevitable.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast