Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Appraisal Service

Article about: Good Evening Gents, My wife and I recently had 7 packages that were stolen right off of our doorstep and it has me rethinking insurance on my collection.... I am looking to get my collection

Default Appraisal Service

Good Evening Gents,

My wife and I recently had 7 packages that were stolen right off of our doorstep and it has me rethinking insurance on my collection.... I am looking to get my collection appraised for some insurance purposes and was wondering what you use / who is the best in the business. Thanks!

T

Pictures for attention
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Thad..sorry to hear of your misfortune and I can relate myself to an almost direct hit on my front step that pushed me to get a PO Box and never again an orphaned package on the front step..especially expensive items. I think you should seriously consider this route from this point forward.

Some here may step up to help you out here within the forum to help give you an idea of value or a service to do so.

Best Fortune and Regards

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,
    Thanks for the kind words. It is pretty upsetting (especially because I just got back from Iraq a few months ago and it was my wife's first experience at the apartment complex) especially because they were wedding presents. I believe that my insurance company wanted me to get the appraisal in writing but I will contact them and see.

T

I know that in the past Bill Shea had done written appraisals. Your insurance company will give more validity to a professional dealer appraisal than one obtained on line from other collectors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Ruptured Duck's Bill Shea will give you a COA for $75 on items,That was several years ago and you are paying for his time and like Bob mentioned he is a professional dealer. I'm not sure what he charges for appraisals. But you will get dealer prices for your insurance.
    Good Luck.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Bob and Phil,
    I will look into Bill Shea and see if I can use him. Thank you for the advise!

T