MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

The Arnhem flower girl

Article about: Ran across this article while checking my email. It is about a young girl now in her 80's, still paying tribute to the British soldier who liberated her town. The Arnhem flower girl who is s

?

Default The Arnhem flower girl

Ran across this article while checking my email.
    It is about a young girl now in her 80's, still paying tribute to the British soldier who liberated her town.
    The Arnhem flower girl who is still devoted to the hero who helped liberate her Dutch village | Daily Mail Online

In this day and age where it is hard to find many who care about the fallen, this wonderful woman still cares.

God Bless Her!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Great story.
    Thanks for posting it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Gave me goosebumps Phil ..that this woman to this day honors and remembers. WOW factor
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for sharing this Phil, what a remarkable lady, amazing that too that this paratrooper's helmet was found...the chances !
    Regards
    Paul

Great story and what a lady !!

I saw the article in the newspaper yesterday,and then today we have this despicable act - also in Holland. The Commonwealth war graves at Mierlo, Eindhoven after a sickening attack by mindless vandals. Such a contrast... those who still care and recognise the sacrifice made by servicemen in the fight for freedom, and those who could not care less.

AAHgCnW.jpgAAHgEQp.jpg