Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Attention – collection stolen!

Article about: It is sad, but true. Next week I will return this subject for more details, but for now just a short announcement. Last weekend the entire collection from my friend Philippe Gillain from Bel

Sounds a bit odd to me. Has he got money problems? A collection of that size would take some considerable time to move without someone noticing something. Sorry to sound a bit sceptical, but nothing surprises me these days.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Sounds a bit odd to me. Has he got money problems? A collection of that size would take some considerable time to move without someone noticing something. Sorry to sound a bit sceptical, but nothing surprises me these days.
    And I thought it was just me! Q.E.D.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What happened to the theory of the Russian "Hit Squad" being responsible ? That's down the drain now ?

I had told a couple of members here, two guys with large Hefty garbage bags could clean all that out in less than 20 minutes. Back a van up to the door, out it goes.

Sit on it for a year....things cool off, start moving it.

Quote by real steel View Post
    two guys with large Hefty garbage bags could clean all that out in less than 20 minutes. Back a van up to the door, out it goes.
    Two guys, 20 minutes. No way!! It is obvious you do not know about the
    situation. The collection was at the top floor of the house and the two stairs
    to get there, are not the easiest. Nor do you have any idea about the size
    of the collection, even lots of it already was sold. I do not defend any person
    about this. I just informed collectors about the theft, so the word was spread.

I do not have more information as what was told in the beginning. Mr. Gillain
    himself should come up with information! I noticed collectors about the theft.
    The rest is up to him, mr. Gillain!

Default update - stolen collection

Here is a part from a mail from mr. Gillain I got this afternoon about the situation.
    I think it is needed to have patience at this moment and allow him to get done
    what needs to be done. We must respect that:

I ask you all to understand what is going on at this moment!
    Priority now is inquiry;
    investigators have closed the first step before sending results to the national Belgian police, in Liège and Brussels. Now the matter starts to be international;

I have to check all items, one per one, in my files to be sure of those stolen (as quite some was sold just before in the last months). I have 5060 items to check;
    I am meeting Webmasters and graphics to realize a Website where I will be able to show all my (stolen) interesting or rare items. I try to find all of what has been stolen in my......100.000 pictures-files;

be patient and tell contacts and forums it takes lots of research and energy before all is done;

I hope the collectors-world altogether, will help me to find my collection…
    Philippe Gillain

CBH
    ?

Thank you for the update, I hope it can be found.

Agree. The poor guy is probably still in shock. I would be paralyzed for a while if it happened to me.

Quote by real steel View Post
    The poor guy is probably still in shock
    What would you think when the newspaper LaMeuse (digital website) wrote about
    his collection to have a value of 1.500.000 euro or so and live it up with the fact
    mr. Gillains daughter Marie, is a well-known french movie-actress! I think no person
    is waiting for more sensation and so the newspaper combines the theft along with
    the fact of his daughter being an actress!

Une collection inestimable volée au père de Marie Gillain

?

"I hope the collectors-world altogether, will help me to find my collection…"
    Philippe Gillain

Every serious people are with you Monsieur Gillain.
    More collection-world will be aware, more items will be toxic to sell back.

I hope this story will find a happy end.

It is times like this that collectors who are not unscrupulous should be cautious as to the origins of rare potential purchases. Ask for the documentation, if there is any. I hope this collection can make its way home.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast