Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Attention – collection stolen!

Article about: It is sad, but true. Next week I will return this subject for more details, but for now just a short announcement. Last weekend the entire collection from my friend Philippe Gillain from Bel

Sounds a bit odd to me. Has he got money problems? A collection of that size would take some considerable time to move without someone noticing something. Sorry to sound a bit sceptical, but nothing surprises me these days.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.... 'A Salford Pal: Pte Thomas Jay.'

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Sounds a bit odd to me. Has he got money problems? A collection of that size would take some considerable time to move without someone noticing something. Sorry to sound a bit sceptical, but nothing surprises me these days.
    And I thought it was just me! Q.E.D.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What happened to the theory of the Russian "Hit Squad" being responsible ? That's down the drain now ?

I had told a couple of members here, two guys with large Hefty garbage bags could clean all that out in less than 20 minutes. Back a van up to the door, out it goes.

Sit on it for a year....things cool off, start moving it.
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down."

Quote by real steel View Post
    two guys with large Hefty garbage bags could clean all that out in less than 20 minutes. Back a van up to the door, out it goes.
    Two guys, 20 minutes. No way!! It is obvious you do not know about the
    situation. The collection was at the top floor of the house and the two stairs
    to get there, are not the easiest. Nor do you have any idea about the size
    of the collection, even lots of it already was sold. I do not defend any person
    about this. I just informed collectors about the theft, so the word was spread.

I do not have more information as what was told in the beginning. Mr. Gillain
    himself should come up with information! I noticed collectors about the theft.
    The rest is up to him, mr. Gillain!

Thread closed and follow this link for a continued update on this topic.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/wrf-go...1/#post1776524
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345