Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Attention Dealers - If it's sold, please mark it sold on your site

Article about: I manage and build websites for a living, and so I feel I can speak with some authority on this topic. If you like for your customers to enjoy shopping on your site, and doing business with

Default Attention Dealers - If it's sold, please mark it sold on your site

I manage and build websites for a living, and so I feel I can speak with some authority on this topic. If you like for your customers to enjoy shopping on your site, and doing business with you, keep your inventory information accurate. I have tried to purchase a number of dealer items in recent months, that show in-stock on the site, and I end up finding out the item was already sold. I cannot tell you how frustrating that is, to hear over and over again. Most of you I've never done business with in the past, and this is not a good way to start.

Dealers often absolutely refuse to deal on price, or to budge at all when it comes to working with customers, expecting the most from us. At the very least, take the very small amount of time to mark an item sold when it's sold. Most of these sites are awful and poorly designed to begin with, to be honest, and I rarely see such a disorganized market as is WW2 collectibles. Anything that can be done to improve the customer experience is going to make a big difference, and simply marking things sold may in fact put you ahead of most of your competition it would seem. It's that bad.
    Last edited by avenger; 08-08-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Quote by avenger View Post

Dealers absolutely refuse to deal on price, or to budge at all when it comes to working with customers, expecting the most from us.
    That is definitely an un- true, and un fair statement. I don't know what dealers you have been dealing with, but I can say with absolute certainty I always deal with my customers, they expect it. It's the chase that makes it fun. And previous customers will vouch that they've had some cracking deals from me, sometimes I make a couple of quid. As for marking things as sold. Personally, I leave it on reserve until the money comes in, the transaction is complete, and the customer is happy, then I take it off, I understand you may be frustrated, but don't tar us all with the same brush
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not trying to tar you all, or at least it's not my intention to. I've probably not dealt with you yet. But, every single one of the dealers I have dealt with were accurately described above, with one exception being Lakeside Trader. These dealers I am talking about, for what it's worth (and it's not just one or two), have thus far been US based dealers.

I don't want to name names, as my intent with this post is not to embarrass or harass anyone in particular. I'm simply wanting to remind dealers who do not keep their inventory updated on their site, that they are not serving their customers well. That's the crux of my point, and if you keep yours updated, you're not who I'm talking to.

P.S. Send me a link to your store, cause if you are one of the better dealers, I would love to look at your inventory.

?

I have been teased a few times with items that are posted, and not available. Horrible feeling.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I don't know what dealers you have been dealing with, but I can say with absolute certainty I always deal with my customers, they expect it. It's the chase that makes it fun. And previous customers will vouch that they've had some cracking deals from me, sometimes I make a couple of quid.
    DELBOY..jpg

Cushty!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It is a real pain when you try to buy an item and the dealer gets back to you and tells you it was sold already, had it happen to me, a real drag, but there are worse things in life.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A lot of dealers treat this as a hobby and are not on top of their deals, in rare cases they cannot move quickly enough to pull an item down but in most cases they simply don't take it down or forget.

But, every single one of the dealers I have dealt with were accurately described above, with one exception being Lakeside Trader.
    It was only 8 weeks ago that you purchased an item from my website, so the memory should still be fresh. I understand this bold "every single one" to incorporate me as well then, even though i do try to be a step ahead of the rest regards quality of my website, quality of the stock, speedy shipping, marking items reserved or sold within the hour, at at very least with 12 hours.

Each to his own i guess - and rightfully so.

But, every single one of the dealers I have dealt with were accurately described above, with one exception being Lakeside Trader.
    You need to find new dealers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'd be happy if they could simply purge sold items from the sites on a regular basis so it is easier to scroll through listings without being swamped with things that aren't available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast