Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Article about: Mine changes, right now it's from a near mint Q SS decal from a helmet I own and as SS helmets are my passion/specialty I thought it was appropriate for a few weeks anyway LOL.

Default Re: Avatars: what is yours?

Mine is just the "Grossdeutchland" cufftitle which i ONE day would like to own an example of!

Cheers

Mine is just an artilery tactical sign, as displayed on vehicles. It's a scan of an item I have, but I picked it because it was relevant to my username and is one of thr few things I have that is exactly the right shape

The item itself is a post-WW2 Australian tac sign i believe.

Rob

I am from South Wales and it is the Red Dragon of Wales as used during WWII by South Wales District (Western Command), HQ at Abergavenny.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

*edit*
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My avatar shows the father of a dear friend of mine who now lives in Cyprus.
    His father served in the 9th SS Panzer Division "Hohenstaufen" and later he was assigned as the driver of general Gezken. He died in 2003 in Stuttgart.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Me with one of my favourite finds – one of a pair of Hispano 20mm cannons we recovered from Spitfire BL585. Though a nice find in its own right, it was the lead up to it that made it so worthwhile, as it took several years to track down the crash site, as no records exist in the archives and along the way we were soundly told that a) we would never find it and b) there was nothing whatsoever left anyway – I just love proving people wrong sometimes!

Full details at: Spitfire V BL585 - Aspull, Wigan - 13th February 1942

An unknown SS soldier. The battle weary look on his face tells a story
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Mine is my polizei helmet, currently. Subject to change as favorites change, though it is my favorite at this time.

Mine is a period color photograph of my grandfather in his US army service uniform. It was taken in either Harrisburg PA or Pittsburgh PA, not sure which. He was stationed in Harrisburg but lived in Pittsburgh. His armband (if you can see it) is the recruiting service armband as he was denied service in Europe at embarkation due to some kind of medical condition. I have his uniform and armband in my collection.

Me in the UAE

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast