Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Be aware!

Article about: Good Morning Gentlemen, I bring to you the information on a scammer in our midst. On our Classified auctions, seller ANTIK was selling quite a hoard of German militaria for ridiculously lowp

Default Be aware!

Good Morning Gentlemen,

I bring to you the information on a scammer in our midst. On our Classified auctions, seller ANTIK was selling quite a hoard of German militaria for ridiculously lowprices. An obvious red flag.

I just happened to come accross a site Daggrs.com - Blankwaffen und mehr, and what do I see? the exact same pictures ANTIK is using for all of his auctions. He has taken the pictures of these daggers that have sold, and lightened them up in photoshop so the background looks a different color. When I asked for more pictures as proof, he sends me a picture of a different dagger. So, for fun, I researched that type of dagger in German on google, and VOILA, find this picture that he "took quickly with his cell phone" on ANOTHER german dagger site. This time however, the site belongs to a museum, and I am quite sure they are not selling their items for a bargain.

He has been contacting me because I foolishly made a bid for some product, and is using the ruse that he is an antique shop out of the Czech Republic, and that he is operating with his son, he says that is why his paypal address doesn't match his name.

I have done some checking, and he is peddling these same items on numerous sites, so here is some information to be on the lookout for:

He claims his name is Mario Buchsler and that his son's name is Peter
    His paypal address is peter88@email.cz
    A search of peter88@email.cz reveals a redhead teen on some Czech dating site
    He claims to own a shop in a Czech mall, Specifically:

Antik-Buchsler
    Novodvorska 1088
    Novodvorska-Plaza
    Praha 4

A search for the Novodvorska Plaza does reveal an antique shop in the mall, however the address is way off.

Can I please offer you the same method I used to help with identification?

1)I demanded he take a picture of the dagger on today's paper. All newspapers are available online now, so verifying the cover should be easy.
    2)Demand an invoice through paypal. Not an e-mailed invoice. This will help Paypal recoup your money should things go south.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your collecting.

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: Be aware!

I KNEW that SOB was an SOB ! That is why I backed away from the first sale he had on this forum. When he listed a Roehm Dagger for $1100.00 I knew he was full of spit !

Hey, thanks for posting mate! I'm sure Ade will get rid of this dirty thieving scumbag!!

In the meantime, I suggest we have a little fun with his email address! He likes dating does he? Mmhahahaha!! I'm gonna spam the little sh*ts email address with an untold amount of rubbish!!

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Hey, thanks for posting mate! I'm sure Ade will get rid of this dirty thieving scumbag!!

In the meantime, I suggest we have a little fun with his email address! He likes dating does he? Mmhahahaha!! I'm gonna spam the little sh*ts email address with an untold amount of rubbish!!
    Ade got rid of him a long time ago.

Good work Turbodan!
    helpful info, especially demanding a photo on today's newspaper

Thanks

René

Indeed,good call. Seems this guy's a bit of a player. Stewy S

I can safely say, his mailbox will be close to meltdown within the next hour or so!!

?

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    Ade got rid of him a long time ago.
    Guys he was sorted by Ade very quickly but good work by everyone hopefully this will show that this forum will quickly deal as a forum community with any fraudsters like this
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Angry Re: Be aware!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    hopefully this will show that this forum will quickly deal as a forum community with any fraudsters like this
    ..... and I'll spam the HELL out of them!! And I know this can't be condoned by admin, but it sure makes me feel better!

Haha!

Hi Guys, as already stated he was removed by me several weeks ago. I was very suspicious of him from his very first post All done before he could do any harm. He tried to be cute and set up two false accounts to leave himself good feedback.

Dan offers some good advice in his post about buying online. If you take that on board and also read this thread of mine here, you should not go far wrong:

Keeping safe when buying and selling online

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast