Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

B-24 Ball Turret

Article about: Although basically an advertisement I thought this was pretty neat. This is a surplus Ball Turret from a B-24. And for a price you can climb in and shoot it. Sure it isn't cheap. While I wou

MAP
    ?

Default B-24 Ball Turret

Although basically an advertisement I thought this was pretty neat.

This is a surplus Ball Turret from a B-24/B-17. And for a price you can climb in and shoot it. Sure it isn't cheap.

While I would never want to be in one of these during combat, I've had a soft spot for them as they were made by Sperry Corp, just a few miles from my childhood (and adult) home. In college I also interned at Sperry for the summer.

WW2 Ball Turret with twin .50 cals at the Big Sandy Shoot
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks Michael for posting that.
    I've had invites to Big Sandy but I haven't done it yet.
    I'll have to add that to my bucket list. I think at 6'2" that would be a tight fit but it would be awesome!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks Michael for posting that.
    I've had invites to Big Sandy but I haven't done it yet.
    I'll have to add that to my bucket list. I think at 6'2" that would be a tight fit but it would be awesome!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Right? How cool would that be. I'm 5' 8" so would have no problems. This issue is how much would it cost to go through a few hundred rounds. And probably in under a minute too

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

hey let's set up a go fund me thingy and see what we get? yeah thanks Michael for the carrot!!!

I went to the Big Sandy Shoot back in 2013. Its a crazy experience and is well worth going deaf for. They use flying RC planes as moving targets and some stationary targets at long range have tannerite filled in them! Don't go expecting to rent crazy guns though. The lines are long just to shoot a simple AK and it is not cheap either. But where else do you get a chance to see a b24 ball turret and a guy shooting a mini gun

Quote by John4022 View Post
    I went to the Big Sandy Shoot back in 2013. Its a crazy experience and is well worth going deaf for. They use flying RC planes as moving targets and some stationary targets at long range have tannerite filled in them! Don't go expecting to rent crazy guns though. The lines are long just to shoot a simple AK and it is not cheap either. But where else do you get a chance to see a b24 ball turret and a guy shooting a mini gun
    okie ya just bit off my carrot!

MAP
    ?

We'll still try to get you there Rene!!!