Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

bad news for thieves! Arificial DNA.

Article about: Saw it on the news yesterday; artificial DNA is sold now to mark your stuff. It comes in a tube and as to be put on your items with a brush stroke. It lights up with a black light and can be

Default bad news for thieves! Arificial DNA.

Saw it on the news yesterday; artificial DNA is sold now to mark your stuff.
    It comes in a tube and as to be put on your items with a brush stroke.
    It lights up with a black light and can be analysed and tracked to the owner.
    A tube is sold for less then 90 euro.
    Don't know yet where to get it and no further information at the momment.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: bad news for thieves! Arificial DNA.

Hi Kris, I think here in the UK it is known as "Smartwater". In some areas of Nottingham where crime is considered high, you can get it for free from the Police.

Cheers, Ade.

SmartWater - Home (New)

Looks to cost around £60 for enough to do a 4 bedroomed house.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Wow what a top idea! instead of engraving all your stuff!

[QUOTE=stuka f;201535]Saw it on the news yesterday; artificial DNA is sold now to mark your stuff.
    It comes in a tube and as to be put on your items with a brush stroke.
    It lights up with a black light and can be analysed and tracked to the owner.
    A tube is sold for less then 90 euro.
    Don't know yet where to get it and no further information at the momment.

The VERY infancy of being able to "track"..Next people, then being able to not buy durable goods without..
    Gotta LOVE the goverment control..

?

"SmartWater" tagging has been used for some years on motorbikes. It is "painted" on, is invisible, unique to the pot used, stays there permanently and, once registered, helps with the insurance! I have used it and/or a similar system, (DataTag), on my last 3 motorbikes. The only visible sign is the warning sticker, if you want to use it that is. I have also heard of it being used on classic cars and household goods, TVs, DVD/VCRs etc.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

When i was at school we had the police come and give a talk on theft and at the end we all got a small tube of this stuff to take home and mark household goods. I wonder if its the same stuff? I seem to remember you could only see it under ultraviolet light. Its good stuff.

?

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    When i was at school we had the police come and give a talk on theft and at the end we all got a small tube of this stuff to take home and mark household goods. I wonder if its the same stuff? I seem to remember you could only see it under ultraviolet light. Its good stuff.

Sounds like it Andy.

SmartWater is only visible under UV light which is why it is great for security marking of anything and everything and insurance companies love it.
    Also, unlike some, (read the majority!), of the "security marking pens" available, its a "once only" job to use it.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Im sure i saw this on country file the other night they where putting it on tractors