Become our sponsor and display your banner here

BAOR teatray!

Article about: I bought this teatray in a charity shop a couple of years ago and wonder if it is deemed worthy of inclusion in a 'military' collection? It is a plastic teatray with some views of northern G

Default BAOR teatray!

I bought this teatray in a charity shop a couple of years ago and wonder if it is deemed worthy of inclusion in a 'military' collection? It is a plastic teatray with some views of northern Germany; BAOR HQ, airport scene, etc. On the back is a little label which states the tray was Made in England. I would guess that it was probably a NAAFI sale to a British soldier based in Germany back in the (going by the 'plane) 1960s. Does it have a value for military collectors?

Default Re: BAOR teatray!

Alexander, a great piece of Cold War memrobilia, of course it is applicable in my view, nice backdrop to a modern Army/Cold War display, worth more in looks than value, but its time will come. I have a set of wine glasses from the Officers mess at RAF Gutersloh, now returned to the Luftwaffe, not particularly collectable, but they have their place !
    Thanks for showing !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Default Re: BAOR teatray!

Hi, I think your description of it is correct.

The value would be fairly modest, under a tenner, but it would appear to those who colect BAOR material or to an ex squaddie who recalled the scenes shown.

Cheers, Ade.