Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

BBC radio programme Sunday Morning Live.

Article about: Hi, Some of you may have seen a recent newspaper article featuring Kevin Wheatcroft and his collection. This has obviously sparked a debate regarding wether collectors of German/nazi militar

Default BBC radio programme Sunday Morning Live.

Hi,
    Some of you may have seen a recent newspaper article featuring Kevin Wheatcroft and his collection. This has obviously sparked a debate regarding wether collectors of German/nazi militaria are in fact Nazi"s. Well last night I recieved a call from a lady at the BBC asking if I would take part in a live radio interview/debate with a million listeners (Sunday morning live) along with Kevin Wheatcroft and Malcolm Fisher of Regimentals on this very subject. Hannah the lady that called thought having someone on from the Channel Islands (Jersey) would put a different angle on the debate. Unfortunately this Sunday morning I am unable to spare the time as I am leading a Military Unit on a tour of German bunkers on the Island. But if any of you are interested or want to phone in with your views then please do so.
    all thebest from Jersey,
    D.

Hi D, I will try and give it a listen.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Such a shame that "outsiders" always have to try and link collectors or anyone who is interested in that period as a nazi, why do they just take the easy option and point the finger. As I told the lady yesterday, I started collecting at the age of 7, I was totally unaware of politics, the SS and the camp etc. To me looking back, it was an innocent beginning of a life long passion/obsession which people of today cannot comprehend as it does not come with a control box with which you exercise your thumbs. In my view collecting as we know it is far less dangerous than what kids are into today.
    D

Yes, agree with Jersyet 34: why do have persons - interested in the German (collecting) side - them always to defend?
    For short-minded, short-sighted people TR collectors apparently always are a nazi (they think).

This has not changed a bit for 40-50 years. Actually, me personally, I am not even interested in the development of the
    war, or TR history. Of course I know things, but a real interest: NO!
    My semi German background does not make it better and I am glad my name in my country is Wim and not Wilhelm!!

I am just a uniform-regulations freak, specializing nazi Germany, and some even think, due to this, I must be a right
    minded person. I would never take part in a debate, as it is "on the understanding that" one is put into a corner! A real
    shame, as - if they could- they even would forbid us collectors or interested persons, to continue our interest......
    Facts of history are ignored by the dumb dunderheads!

Hallo_domkop!_900_450_s_c1_smart_scale.jpg o_johanwv-104325_Domkop.jpg

I do not like the BBC at all, what did Churchill call them in ww2, " The enemy within the gates " I will not be listening and would not take part, I think you have made a wise decision Jersey34

I do not understand what the BBCs agenda is these days, but their news reporting is very quick to " bash britain " as it were. Also the way they give so much air time to muslim hate preachers is beyond me

This was actually covered on the TV on BBC 1 last Sunday. Malcolm Fisher was on and spoke well.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    Yes, my mistake it was tv not radio.
    D

UK viewers can watch it here for the next 24 days:

BBC iPlayer - Sunday Morning Live - Series 6: Episode 4