Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On BBC Website "Nazi memrobilia collecting"

Article about: BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Is it OK to collect Nazi memorabilia? Have a read, make your own minds up! I think this story was intended to drum up lots of hype, but it looks from the comments

Reg
    ?

Default On BBC Website "Nazi memrobilia collecting"

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Is it OK to collect Nazi memorabilia?

Have a read, make your own minds up! I think this story was intended to drum up lots of hype, but it looks from the comments that people are actually being rather sensible about it.

Reg

Reg
    ?

Default Re: On BBC Website "Nazi memrobilia collecting"

P.S Thank you to the militaria dealer who quoted that only 1% of we collectors were wierdos! cheers for not blowing our cover, I don't know how many members are on the forum but law of average gives us quite a few....anyone want to own up?

Brindlereo
    ?

Waving

<----waving as well, whilst making strange gurgling noises and frothing at the mouth

Quote by Steve T View Post
    <----waving as well, whilst making strange gurgling noises and frothing at the mouth

?

I'll be the first to testify. I AM WEIRD.
    I have spent more money chasing military artifacts in my life time than the law should allow.
    3 of my uncles must have been weird because they brought home a bunch of Nazi stuff. My Dad must be weird because he brought home a bunch of Japanese junk also.
    My biggest problem is that I have never grown up. In the 50's it seemed to me that every bodies fathers were WWII vets and their grandfathers were WWI vets basically because mine were.
    On saturdays when there were war movies at the local theater after the movie was over my cousins and other kids would run home dig out our dads war trophies and have a bang up time refighting the battles of WWII and WWI. As we got older our arder for playing army waned but I kept the stuff I had and started bugging my relatives for their stuff. I was a collector and didn't know it.
    The early 60's were more devoted to pretty girls, fast cars, rock & roll, illegal beer and fist fights than collecting but I still had my army junk.( Weird )
    I got married, went off to my own war, came home and began collecting anew. Really Wierd. Went to college earned 4 degrees and still collected.
    Yes I must confess I have spent the treasure I have earned over the years on military junk.
    Therefore I most assuredly am !!!!WEIRD.!!!!

Reg
    ?

Phew, glad its not just me then!!! sory for the delay in replying, I was out wearing a gasmask and trenchcoat scaring schoolkids.

Reg

Quote by Reg View Post
    Phew, glad its not just me then!!! sory for the delay in replying, I was out wearing a gasmask and trenchcoat scaring schoolkids.

Reg
    LMAO !!!!!!!!!

So that was you was it ! Did you notice me on the other side of the school yard in RAF flying gear, flying helmet and goggles WITH a German helmet on top and all my ground dug buttons sewed onto the front of my flying jacket ?

Steve T

PS I ain't weird though...honest

Ist vas I in min flighink machine, wow i came over all weird.
    I think i will start collecting militaria.
    Dave

Thanks for posting this link and i am glad am on the right forum but i feel very weird cause one being a women it doesn't pass like butter in a pan when i tell co-workers and friends that one of my hobby is collecting ww2 items. I think people who doesn't have the same interest as me have an a fast opinion on what is right or wrong and for some reason when i showed them my German m35 and my British Mk1 they were all telling me the British one is ok but the other one is out of place , first reaction ,judging me as a weirdo to put my well earned money on a piece of steel 65 years old instead of a brand new 52 inch plasma tv ......

I can understand the people who unfortunately were or had family members or friends in the holocaust .But you can put everybody in the same basket ,the more you gonna hide those or banish them the more people will forget . My greatest fear is people forgetting this era and redoing it again and again .

So i officially consider myself one of the weirdo here now i feel better thanks !

Frenchy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast