Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BBC4-tonight

Article about: tonight on BBC4 there is a program called.....''world war two-1941 and the man of steel''....... it sounds good its on at 9.00pm

?

Default BBC4-tonight

tonight on BBC4 there is a program called.....''world war two-1941 and the man of steel''.......
    it sounds good
    its on at 9.00pm

?

Default Re: BBC4-tonight

I saw that too Patrick, here is the programme write up:

Marking the 70th anniversary of the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, historian Professor David Reynolds re-assesses Stalin's role in the life and death struggle between Germany and Russia in World War Two, which, he argues, was ultimately more critical for British survival than 'Our Finest Hour' in the Battle of Britain itself.

The name Stalin means 'man of steel', but Reynolds's penetrating new account reveals how the reality of Stalin's war in 1941 did not live up to that name. Travelling to Russian battlefield locations, he charts how Russia was almost annihilated within a few months as Stalin lurched from crisis to crisis, coming close to a nervous breakdown.

Reynolds shows how Stalin learnt to compromise in order to win, listening to his generals and downplaying communist ideology to appeal instead to the Russian people's nationalist fighting spirit. He also squares up to the terrible moral dilemma at the heart of World War Two. Using original telegrams and official documents, he looks afresh at Winston Churchill's controversial visit to Moscow in 1942 and re-examines how Britain and America were drawn into alliance with Stalin, a dictator almost as murderous as the Nazi enemy.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the 'heads up' Patrick

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I cant wait to watch it but my dad and I must record it because the mom and sister dont want to watch it
    so i will have to wait till the girls go shopping in dublin and then it will be non-stop war movie watching on are high definition, 50inch sony T.V

?

Don't feel too bad, my sisters wouldn't even let me watch something and I was in it! I was an extra dressed as an 18th century French soldier. But they wanted their own shows. TIP: Get a second TV!

?

lol

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    I cant wait to watch it but my dad and I must record it because the mom and sister dont want to watch it
    We all know the feeling. (Of course, with advancing age, the place of moms and sisters is taken by wives and girlfriends with the same objections. )

?

it,s online now and i must say it is a great show. The truth without any political correctness. YouTube - ‪World War Two: 1941 and the Man of Steel‬‏

I really enjoyed it, I would have missed it without Patricks heads up!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

anything for a friend