MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Been busy lately

Article about: Well I've been a little busy lately, with school, a homework, and other stuff, I just needed a break. Well today's my birthday, so my stepdad and mom take me to an antique store. I picked up

Another example which I own,
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

here is a description of what it is. i know the scabbard is not period. some of the parts are though, as it says on this website.

WWII GERMAN DAGGERS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

The advert say, "as new", so I'm not sure. Better pictures would help.

There is a lot of age to the pommel, blade, and crossgard, the handle has minor cracks, so I think the pieces are period but there is no telling

Indeed, but better picture would be helpful for us to see that too, though. I'm also sure the company which sold these used original and reproduction parts, and each dagger probably used different original parts or reproduction as well. These weren't popular or valuable back in, thus they used whatever parts were available chggtttlòl
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-03-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Here are some more pics there is some wear to the blade, and other parts, it is hard to see the maker mark so I will post a pic of the exact same mark just not on mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attached Images Attached Images

Warbuff, is the last image you posted of the markers mark on this dagger the same as the prior photographs? The condition seems completely different from the other photographs provided.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-03-2013 at 11:04 AM.

The condition looks completely different between the two images.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

No sorry I must not have made it clear, the mark on mine is hard to get a clear pic of. This is a pic I got online, but it is the same maker mark that is on mine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast