Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

berlin trip 2013

Article about: that's 1 cute kid you have james.

Default berlin trip 2013

just got back from our family city break holiday to berlin and one we've all enjoyed ,here's a bit of an idea what we got up to ,we stayed in adenauerplatz in the charlottenburg area ,the gdr tv tower was the first thing to catch our eyes especially as this cold war era tower is the tallest structure in berlin 016.jpg we passed by the tower on our way to the DDR museum this area is called alexanderplatz 024.jpg the museum gave an insight into life within east germany so the military side formed a small part but as you can see myself and my little comrade were fully indoctrined into the ways of the gdr ,the grenade casings you see were a referance to the toys of the children ,learning from an early age to throw wooden ones instead of balls and all the other stuff children normally play with 034.jpg029.jpg031.jpg040.jpg041.jpg the stretched limo volvo was a politburo staff car , of course after this it was time for a quick beer ,046.jpgthere's more to come so stayed tuned in guys
    Last edited by James C; 08-25-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Looking forward to some more photo's James. We were in Berlin a couple of years ago, great place, I can't wait to return.

Great stuff mate! I'll be following this thread closely as I'm looking at visiting Berlin in 2015 with another forum member from Western Australia. I might PM you with a few questions about accomodation etc...as our trip gets a bit closer if that's ok mate.

Great times eh mate!.....

Hi James
    Berlin is really nice, i liked visiting the DDR Museum.
    Cheers
    Nuno

thanks robin ,i totally understand what you mean ,were thinking of going back again next year too ,thanks dave of course i will try and help out closer to the time ,i owe all my knowlege learned thus far to a great guy on here gunny hartman ,i wont forget what you did for us paul great stuff nuno im glad we had a common interest in viewing the ddr museum

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks robin ,i totally understand what you mean ,were thinking of going back again next year too ,thanks dave of course i will try and help out closer to the time ,i owe all my knowlege learned thus far to a great guy on here gunny hartman ,i wont forget what you did for us paul great stuff nuno im glad we had a common interest in viewing the ddr museum
    I'm just pleased that you enjoyed yourself mate, the missus and me have been to Berlin about 20 times now and we've still only scratched the surface of the place!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'm just pleased that you enjoyed yourself mate, the missus and me have been to Berlin about 20 times now and we've still only scratched the surface of the place!....
    I might pick your brains too Paul when our trip gets a bit closer if you don't mind mate.

Very nice museum, i went there when it just opened its doors. Even had my passport stamped 9 nov 1989 for 1 DM. You could pick up pieces of the wall everywhere then, still have some now (as I also still have a brick van the Obersalzberg).
    That streched Volvo used to be parked on Checkpoint Charlie, but i see they moved it to the museum too.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I might pick your brains too Paul when our trip gets a bit closer if you don't mind mate.
    No problem at all!....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast