Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Best Item you got for FREE

Article about: As there are a couple of threads on items given for free , today . I thought I'd ask what was the best item you ever got totally Free . No trades or money involved . I'll start , mine is an

?

Default Re: Best Item you got for FREE

It's still at the dealers but I have been given an SMLE MkIII 1912 BSA -she's been refurbished in 1947 at Lithgow so is 'new' forward of the action body including a mint barrel-very hard to find one in that condition now but it still has the original butt stock with all the history branded on it. Found it in the dealers' rack showing a customer the fact that the LE rifles are normally well used by this stage, looked down the barrel and was amazed as were the actual staff and owner who later gifted it to me...will use it as a very occasional shooter.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    It's still at the dealers but I have been given an SMLE MkIII 1912 BSA -she's been refurbished in 1947 at Lithgow so is 'new' forward of the action body including a mint barrel-very hard to find one in that condition now but it still has the original butt stock with all the history branded on it. Found it in the dealers' rack showing a customer the fact that the LE rifles are normally well used by this stage, looked down the barrel and was amazed as were the actual staff and owner who later gifted it to me...will use it as a very occasional shooter.

Hot damn, that is a sweet find. Please post pictures once you have it!

?

_DSC5272.jpgDSC_0080.jpgDSC_0076.jpgDSC_0075.jpgDSC_0074.jpgDSC_0046.jpgDSC_0042.jpgThe top of U802 attack periscope & miniature medals from the estate of Karl Wahnig, U802 crew member.

Cased miniature Legion Condor Panzerkampfabzeichen...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got this massive lot of U.S. insignia from my friend Paul Ayerst, free of charge and he would not even let me pay him for shipping. He's a great guy.

Hi,
    I have been really lucky over the years and been given a lot of my collection..... perhaps because I started when I was 7 years old. I guess being given 2 Enigma machines has to be up there in the given for free bracket. I was given the first machine when I was 12 or 13 years old and then the same person gave me his second machine when I was 16. When I collected the second machine I was in my Dads car luckily as there were around 8 German radio sets as well as a few helmets and other bits of kit.

Wow those enigma machines are awesome!!!!

?

Unbelieveable ... to find one in that condition is nearly impossible , and you have 2

a broken one can go for like 160000 US dollars at action O:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast