Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Bletchley Park carrier pigeon found dead 70 years after it disappeard with coded message.....

Article about: I seem to remember carrier pigeons and their field use forming the basis of an episode of 'Combat'-no higher compliment.

Default Re: Bletchley Park carrier pigeon found dead 70 years after it disappeard with coded message.....

Quote by DioMac View Post
    I'm with you Ned. I was reading the full letter (which can be found here - Letter to David Cameron from Gordon Young - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)), and it sounded like someone trying to make a story fit when it clearly didn't.

The writer / society seems to have a grasp of historical matters, but it seems strictly amatuerish to me.

Have a read of the letter. I think you'll agree with me!
    As a great man once said:

"I think you're entering the realms of fantasy here, Young...."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Re: Bletchley Park carrier pigeon found dead 70 years after it disappeard with coded message.....

?

Seems to me he's just making up acronyms that fit the code...

Martin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5