Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

book collections

Article about: I saw somewhere a post that Ade made about the value of books in our collections and it made me think,it would be helpful if we had a list somewhere with approx values of some of these books

?

Default book collections

I saw somewhere a post that Ade made about the value of books in our collections and it made me think,it would be helpful if we had a list somewhere with approx values of some of these books so that we could make notes as i know that if anything happened to me my daughters would probably sling all my books in a skipbut if they had an idea of their worth it may make them think,also it could give collectors an idea of what good books are actually out there,it may be a silly idea but just a thought rgds Dave

Default Re: book collections

Hi Dave, I think the easiest thing would be for people to do a search for any older out of print and so more valuable titles here:

AbeBooks Official Site - New & Used Books, New & Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books

Many books on militaria are produced in quite small production runs. Often once they are sold out, it is, for some unknown reason, quite rare for reprints to be done.

Most good books now cost over £50. The trouble is many collectors don't want to buy books. They have limited budgets, and they want the "shiney" things first. This is a real false economy on two counts: you need to books to expand your knowledge and arm yourself against fakes and also they are a good investment. A win win situation.

Cheers, Ade.

Has anyone here in the forum ever written a book?

?

Quote by SatansCabanaBoy View Post
    Has anyone here in the forum ever written a book?
    Working on it. Well, to be honest I'm compiling information about the American Aviation Engineer batallions in Europe and Africa. My grandfather was with the 820th Aviation Engineers and I always wanted to get his story in writing. Then I decided to expand the research to other units and use that research for my Masters thesis. I'm hoping to publish the research when I'm done.

I'm still in the early stages, and I'm hitting a lot of roadblocks, such as my sources of information passing away, but I hope to have it done in a couple more years.

I have never written a book, but I have contributed material and information to several and get mentioned in the credits.

Cheers, Ade.

I wonder if it would be possible for War Relics Forum to write a book, with members contributing information, pictures of their gear, experiences in collecting etc, and the proceeds of the book used to keep the forum running for no cost, and put some proceeds into say a veterans association, or legion or what it may be called in your countries.