Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Books I am giving away to young collectors

Article about: I have a plethora of military history and militaria books in boxes and would like to give away to some of the younger members of the forum as I will never read these anymore. They are too ma

?

Default Books I am giving away to young collectors

I have a plethora of military history and militaria books in boxes and would like to give away to some of the younger members of the forum as I will never read these anymore.

They are too many to list so it will be sort of random, I will get a name and grab a book or two from the boxes, so I can't promise you will get something of specific interest to you sorry. However you can "re-donate" it if you want. The only thing I ask is not to sell anything I gift, re-give it to someone else when your done and keep the good karma of the forum going to other members.

So, if you are a younger collector, and would like a book or two on any military subject from American Civil War to modern conflicts and relating to collecting, history, battles, tactics and strategy, etc please PM me with your address and I will mail it to you sometime after the September long weekend. I will pay all postage costs.

Thanks,

Doug

Very generous mate..people like you keep the hobby alive and with good intent

I'm only young, honest Doug.

A very generous gesture Doug, well done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I will let members decide for themselves how young is young LOL.

I wont refuse any requests from anyone. I just thought give the new collectors a shot first, maybe it inspires them to collecting heights down the road!

I just want to give these books on to their next home where they will be read and used rather than sitting collecting dust!

Cheers

Doug

PS don't be shy!! I am happy to do this!

A very noble gesture Doug. Books are the next-best thing to actually having a militaria collection. I spent much of my youth in the libraries just reading up on my chosen subject of interest. It also provides sound schooling for the next rung up the ladder when you actually start making those first tentative steps into the field of collecting.

Cheers,
    Steve.

You are a good man Doug.

MAP
    ?

I'm young (in dog years)......

Great way to play it forward to the youngster generation. It's great that we have quite a few of them here.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I've only 2 recipients thus far, would love more! If you have a nephew, brother, cousin, friend of family, or yourself would like a book or two let me know! Some good books! ;-)

?

Thanks guys, had great response, still lots of books if you are interested.

Fantastic initiative

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast