Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Books and Newspapers

Article about: I spent today with my Grandparents, Grandma wanted to go to an arts and craft store which left me and Granddad to potter about doing our own thing for half an hour or so, so after lunch Gran

Default Books and Newspapers

I spent today with my Grandparents, Grandma wanted to go to an arts and craft store which left me and Granddad to potter about doing our own thing for half an hour or so, so after lunch Grandma left to go to her store and we left to go and have a look about, there was what i thought was going to be an antique store, however it wasn't what i thought it would be, however i managed to pick up a pack of british 1940s Semaphore cards still in there case, so that was cool, after we all met up we started driving to a book store which both my grandparents told me wasn't that great for antique's (as I'm starting to get into antique books), I still wanted to check it out, i got there and at first I was about to leave after about 5 minutes but i thought i would check out the war section, i found heaps of cool old books like "Letters of Lenin", which is a whole bunch of translated and published letters that Lenin had wrote to family and friends, as well as some of Winston Churchills "The Second world war" and a few more that i brought, all up i brought 8 books for 25 bucks, all of which are pre 1955, anyway I was about to finish up when i saw a folder called "images of War" I opened it up and there was a collection of those, magazine collectable series about war, but what was even cooler was inside of these sleeves was about 8 War time newspaper articles including one about the Japanese surrender, I am almost certain they are wartime going by the age of the paper and fading. I know this isn't terribly interesting to many of you but when i got all those articles for 10 dollars I was as excited as anything and my grandparents didn't quite understand how excited i was so i thought i would tell you lot! ill post some pictures soon.

?

Good for you!

You might not think they're that exciting to most of us but the enthusiasm you obviously have is what counts and look forward to seeing your photos, especially of the Japanese clippings.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....