Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boring bus journey

Article about: While on my way from Manchester city centre to Event city and getting p*ssed off at listening to about a hundred simultaneous mobile phone conversations i spotted this, a captured Iraqi T55

Default Boring bus journey

While on my way from Manchester city centre to Event city and getting p*ssed off at listening to about a hundred simultaneous mobile phone conversations i spotted this, a captured Iraqi T55 parked outside the Imperial war museum north, it lifted my spirits for a few seconds and amused me when i heard a lad telling his mate it was King Tiger!..800px-T-55_Imperial_War_Museum.jpg
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 03-03-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    it amused me when i heard a lad telling his mate it was King Tiger!..800px-T-55_Imperial_War_Museum.jpg
    Sadly Gunny, for many of the next gen, it WILL be what they think one was!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Nice tank Paul..You can tell it isn't a king tiger its the wrong colour..lol...was it captured in the first gulf war ??????? Cheers Terry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Nice tank Paul..You can tell it isn't a king tiger its the wrong colour..lol...was it captured in the first gulf war ??????? Cheers Terry
    No mate it was captured in 2003!...

?

Oh roger that the second Gulf war then as they call it...Cheers Terry.

Germany made these in the 40"s and exported them to Iraq !

Wrong, wrong, wrong.
    I'm sure its a very rare Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus.

They can use it if they remake the 'Battle of the Bulge'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

In 1985 when I was in the Army and stationed in Fort Knox, Kentucky, I had an opportunity to climb inside one of these...The interior is extremely cramped and must be hell on the crew, and compared to an M1Abrams it really is a death-trap..."Better them than me" I remember thinking, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    In 1985 when I was in the Army and stationed in Fort Knox, Kentucky, I had an opportunity to climb inside one of these...The interior is extremely cramped and must be hell on the crew, and compared to an M1Abrams it really is a death-trap..."Better them than me" I remember thinking, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Yes indeed Glenn i don't think the Russkies have ever thought much for creature comforts!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast