Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Boston Marathon Bombing

Article about: Stretch his God Damn neck! And do it on live T.V.

Default Re: Boston Marathon Bombing

So now begins the murderous killer's 15 minutes of fame.....I can just imagine the circus of the media and the news agencies dealing with all of this as the facts come out. Already, there are news reports of Chechnyans vowing bloody vengeance if the bomber is killed or worse-taken alive. And now he Has, so here we go...(And, by the way....who used the incendiary device that set fire to the Kennedy Library at the same time the bombs were set off? They seem to be ignoring this bit in the news, from what I can see.)

Between the shooter nuts, the crazy chemist mailers and now the mad bombers.....it's looking like a Hell of a wonderful future....And every time some such atrocity takes place, it only inspires Legions of more wackos to "get even" with any and all of Their "enemies"...Wow....wouldn't our last generation be Proud of what we've done to their country that they fought so hard for and with such pain and sacrifice to give to us. Sorry Grandpa...Sorry Dad....we Tried...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    And, by the way....who used the incendiary device that set fire to the Kennedy Library at the same time the bombs were set off? They seem to be ignoring this bit in the news, from what I can see.)
    To the best of my knowledge, that fire was a total coincidence. Not an act of terrorism, just a faulty piece of machinery that caught fire.

?

There have always been horrific acts perpetrated in our "civilized" society, the difference is in this media driven era - we now make the villains celebrities and share their methods as a road map for their imitators.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, that fire was a total coincidence. Not an act of terrorism, just a faulty piece of machinery that caught fire.

I wouldn't be as disturbed, if that were the case, but then they run such "interesting" news feeds such as this:

"Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis now says the 4:30PM library incident was in all likelihood not related to the Marathon explosions. It has been described as a mechanical fire from an "incendiary device", rather than a blast. An investigation is underway and a connection to the earlier Boston Marathon blast has still not been firmly ruled out."

"A mechanical fire from an incendiary device"?? What does that even Mean? Talk about political language....

The above quote, by the way was from the following recent news posting:
    No conclusive evidence linking Boston JFK Library fire to Marathon blasts ? RT USA
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Who knows, Steve?!

What bothers me about this day and age is that with social media and how "connected" everyone is, information gets published immediately.

Whether or not this information is accurate is of secondary importance to getting it published first and claiming responsibility for being the first to publish it. EVERYONE WANTS AS MANY "LIKES" AND "RETWEETS" AND "YOUTUBE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPIONS!" AS POSSIBLE!

?

There will be a lot of questions about a great many things, for example......

As reported - If the older brother was investigated and cleared by the FBI in 2011 at the request of a foreign government, did they drop the ball again?

As reported - Why is the Saudi students first questioned about the bombing being hastily deported?

What about all the leaks during the investigation?

Not implying any nefarious actions on anyone's part, but there is most certainly lingering questions to be asked.
    Regards,
    John

?

Who knows, Steve?!

What bothers me about this day and age is that with social media and how "connected" everyone is, information gets published immediately.

Whether or not this information is accurate is of secondary importance to getting it published first and claiming responsibility for being the first to publish it. EVERYONE WANTS AS MANY "LIKES" AND "RETWEETS" AND "YOUTUBE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPIONS!" AS POSSIBLE!

Agree Joe - more like "Why get the information correct, when you can be first to spout BS".
    Regards,
    John

?

Speaking of tweets and re-tweets...............you sure got that picture up in a hurry. I was amazed at how quickly, .....who do you know?
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    Speaking of tweets and re-tweets...............you sure got that picture up in a hurry. I was amazed at how quickly, .....who do you know?
    lol... facebook... I'm such a hypocrite! Guilty as charged!

?

I hadn't seen that till you posted it, I thought you had someone on the inside.

I think that one was a social media scoop that bypassed the traditional news media outlets.
    Regards,
    John

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast