Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Budapest?

Article about: Hi folks, i'd like to know if anyone can recommend things to do in Budapest, related to this forums main subject that is. Im going there next week, and i have planned the war museum so far,

?

Default Budapest?

Hi folks, i'd like to know if anyone can recommend things to do in Budapest, related to this forums main subject that is. Im going there next week, and i have planned the war museum so far, and probably the museum of terror, and i would be happy if someone could tell me if there's any good shop that is serious with genuine items? I know there's tons of fake stuff sold there, lots of SS fantasy armbinds for example, seen a lot on swedish sale sites. But i figure there has to be at least one good shop, or i hope anyway!

Thanks / Fred

Hi Fred, I was there a few years ago. It's a very interesting city. Some of the buildings show scars of WW2. Especially around the square where a lot of the embassies are. You won't be disappointed. Stewy

?

So far i've been to House of Terror, it was a very interesting tour in a building where the hungarian nazi party Arrow Cross was suited during WW2, and later on the communists. Apparently the hungarian people was controlled for many years without their own regime, and this building stands as a memorial monument of terror unleashed on those who did not agree or those who had the wrong background.

I have only one complain about my visit, that was a group of 4 that was in there at the same time, sadly they were grown ups and not kids, if it would have been kids it could have been accepted with the disrespectfull way this group presented. A group of three guys and one girl about 25-30 years of age, shouting "f**k you" to all the nazi related areas, going "i love you" and actually kissing paintings of Stalin and Lenin, climbing over ropes that normal people knew meant restricted area, and even though told to behave by the staff, and me, they did not seem to care. I was actually ashamed beeing in there with them, i dont care whatever political opinion they might have, and i dont care if they are nonpolitical whatsoever. But here people have suffered for different reasons most of us cant imagine. People have been executed here, and this house has an uneasy athmosphere and created a very thick and heavy breathing in me at least. This has to be respected, by anyone and everyone. I could not hold back what i thought of their behaviour and i did let them know, but it was pointless im afraid.

Enough about that now. As in many museums photography was not allowed, only exceptions was the russian tank and the wall of memories seen here. The other pictures are from the internet, with copyright belonging to the museum. Im glad to tell more if anyone is planning to go there!
    IMG_20150325_204005.jpg
    IMG_20150324_122321.jpg
    IMG_20150324_115237.jpg
    IMG_20150325_203940.jpg
    IMG_20150324_054757.jpg