Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cadet Force

Article about: I agree with you there Dave some of the best years of my life were spent in the Army cadets I spent every summer away from home on course or as an instructor .I was a member of The Royal Wes

Default Cadet Force

Hi

I was just wondering how many younger members of this forum have, are or are thinking of joining a Cadet Force.

I myself am a Cadet in the Air Cadets 500 Sqn.

Just thought it would be interesting!

Thanks

Cameron

Default Re: Cadet Force

Quote by BonzaiCam View Post
    Hi

I was just wondering how many younger members of this forum have, are or are thinking of joining a Cadet Force.

I myself am a Cadet in the Air Cadets 500 Sqn.

Just thought it would be interesting!

Thanks

Cameron
    Many moons ago I was in 1237 Squadron Air Cadets and loved every minute ! I got to fly in gliders and a Chipmunk trainer !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Many moons ago I was in 1237 Squadron Air Cadets and loved every minute ! I got to fly in gliders and a Chipmunk trainer !!

Nick
    Hi

My Dad remembers the Chipmunk as-well!

Thanks

Cameron

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post

Nick
    How long does it take to train a chipmunk?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

A great aircraft ! It was the first time I ever wore a parachute age 13 !

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

First weapon I ever shot was the SLR in my high school unit of the Australian Cadet Corps at 14-later in the year (1975), first full auto shoot with the Automatic Rifle heavy barrel & bipod SLR-a real little branch of the army in those days!

Hi

This is what we currently use in the Air Cadets.

The Grob G109B or Vigilant T1.

Thanks

Cameron

We went from the Chipmunk to the Bulldog but sadly I never got a flight in one

Nick

- - Updated - -

Quote by lithgow View Post
    First weapon I ever shot was the SLR in my high school unit of the Australian Cadet Corps at 14-later in the year (1975), first full auto shoot with the Automatic Rifle heavy barrel & bipod SLR-a real little branch of the army in those days!
    The SLR was the weapon we used in the Army in the late 70's. IMO a great weapon !

The first weapon I fired was in the Air Cadets, a Lee Enfield 303 !

Nick

Nick

This year was my last in the 577 Dragon Rider squadron we went in April to the 95th anniversary of the battle of Vimy ridge and were on TV. i also recently found a box of application forms for the now dissolved squadron 215 Sexsmith which is my home town where i still live. i even found our former mayor's application form they all date back to between the early 40's and late 50's

?

I was a corporal in the army cadet force when i was a kid and until 18yrs , I went everywhere, Germany, France ,Aldershot, Catterick,Colchester, used numerous weapons .303, Bren gun, sterling SMG, Parker Hale rifles, Browning 9mm, Gpmg, Carl Gustav AT, drove loads of vehicles including Chieftan Tanks, APCs, Stalwarts,, flew in Helicopters , had a ride in Hercules, I later became an Adult sergeant Instructor and taught all subjects, best times of my life

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast