Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Call for Paris auction ban

Article about: Jewish group demands ban on Paris auction of Hitler and Goering effects - Telegraph The items were the property of 2°DB Soldiers.

Default Call for Paris auction ban

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Immoral decency?....I think the media is at the top of the heap...with TV programing....but..you know JMO.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many groups do find the whole business of collecting and trading of Nazi related items morally repugnant for their own very good reasons and they have a right to protest about the issue just as I am sure there will be some strident voices heard from some businesses and collectors against the ban of such trade.

Any group also has the right to campaign for a particular sale or business practice to be banned if they find it offensive, but if the auction of these items are for sale as part of a legal trade in France I would imagine there is little that could be done to prevent it taking place other than by bringing unwanted attention maybe to the auction house that might affect its overall future business.

It will be interesting to see the eventual outcome, because if this sale is prevented on moral or decency grounds then that could have potentially far-reaching implications for militaria collectors in the rest of Europe where the sale of TR items are permitted.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hope you don't mind but I have amended the thread title because the auction is not banned (so far) but there is a call for it to be banned.

The ministry of the culture Aurélie Filippeti asked they stop the auction . It's done
    Paris auction of Nazi memorabilia canceled after Jewish groups protest | Jewish Telegraphic Agency
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I personally find Israeli atrocities carried out in suppression of Palestinian statehood to be offensive, should I call for a blanket ban on Israeli/Jewish symbolism?

Good to see The Telegraph is way behind the news!

So does this now mean the sale and trade of TR is illegal in France according to Ms. Aurélie Filippetti the French Minister of Culture and Communication?

?

In a free society, everybody has a right to state their case against something they find offensive.
    ........ (If their case has reasonable grounds.)

With or without an auction those items will still be sold at some point in time. History....and money that fuels it ... go hand in hand. As I said before in another post somewhere ... With desirability... Nothing is impossible.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I personally find Israeli atrocities carried out in suppression of Palestinian statehood to be offensive, should I call for a blanket ban on Israeli/Jewish symbolism?
    With respect Glenn you might, but this politically charged statement is not an entry for broadening the discussion out to the current conflict in the Middle East if it does then the thread will just get deleted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast