Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone give me some advice??!

Article about: Hey guys, I have a chance of buying a ground dug Polish pre-war Cross of Valor.In the description he says the guy he bought it from 7 yrs ago said it possibly belonged to a victim of the Kat

3mk
    ?

Default Can anyone give me some advice??!

Hey guys,
    I have a chance of buying a ground dug Polish pre-war Cross of Valor.In the description he says the guy he bought it from 7 yrs ago said it possibly belonged to a victim of the Katyn Massacre since he dug it up in Russia but theres no way to confirm this.
    Would it be disrespectful to own such a piece?I dont want to feel bad about that.I would make a display honoring the victims.But the real thing that bugs me is what if it was a grave robbed piece?

I hope someone could give me some adive

Thanks

?

Default Re: Can anyone give me some advice??!

Hello 3mk, All I can say is that this cross seems to be correct although I'm a little surprised that the "weathering" doesn'nt seem to have affected the absolutely right numbering. Maybe not a problem. More on your moral struggle standpoint, surely it is better that some who understands all the implications of the possibilities that indeed this does belong to one of those from the Soviet attempt at removing Polands best should rest with someone who not only cares but understands the gravity. I leave it with you. Best of luck and regards, Dragon

?

Default Re: Can anyone give me some advice??!

Quote by DRAGON View Post
    More on your moral struggle standpoint, surely it is better that some who understands all the implications of the possibilities that indeed this does belong to one of those from the Soviet attempt at removing Polands best should rest with someone who not only cares but understands the gravity. I leave it with you. Best of luck and regards, Dragon
    Agreed with what this gentleman states. But who sure are you that the Katyn story is true? Makes me suspicious.