Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cannon EOS1000

Article about: I just bought a used Cannon Rebel and I have what is probably a dumb question. If anyone has some experience with one, PLEASE send me a PM. Thanks, Greg

I've got a couple old Cannon AE-1s and a bag full of lenses. IMO They take better pictures
    than any digital camera.

This Cannon Eos belonged to one of my wife's friends. He has two of them and offered me
    this one for a really good price. I'm sure with some patience and practice I will get the hang of
    this one. If not-----I've still got my Nikon.

Thank you all for the help.

Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The Eos Rebel 1000 is a perfectly good camera, but DSLR's dont suit everybody and you have to get used to the differences with using a DSLR. In particular you will need to be shooting in manual exposure mode when shooting macro, (I have always found those picture modes to be useless) and looking through the viewfinder. There is no way to disable the flash that I can recall except to not use the automatic modes. Obviously one of the great advantages with digital technology is the ability to take pictures by trial and error, which is all the more important with more demanding types of photography such as macro. SLR's offer a higher picture quality than compact cameras, and they are the best solution if you want to spend time getting it right and taking the best possible pictures. They are not necessarily the best cameras if you want to take quick and easy macro shots, and indeed some of the Panasonic compacts are superb in this area. Its also worth bearing in mind that your camera is an older model, with some newer models offering a 'live view' screen on the back. Having used many cameras I have no doubt that my canon SLR with macro lens delivers the best results for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you
    Good looking pictures.
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12