Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Carentan Militaria/souvenirs

Article about: Yes ... it is a little overpriced .. but there is different stuff ... i wouldn't pay over over the odds they are always up for a bit of negotiating i found ... i must go over to arromanche t

aps
    ?

Yes ... it is a little overpriced .. but there is different stuff ... i wouldn't pay over over the odds they are always up for a bit of negotiating i found ... i must go over to arromanche then , i have been before but was a short visit.

cheers

Its a good little shop tucked out of the way of the main street got some interesting bits from there,im staying in bayeux for the 70th anniversary can't wait!

?

I stop going to Normandy back in the 90s ,it has become all about money ,stores everywhere selling war relic for top dollars.
    It has stop being about the vets and the soldiers that were killed during the war on both sides it is all about the money now.
    St mere eglise is probably the worse.

the shops in Normandy are expensive for sure but they rely on the fact that you are there immersed in the history and therefore easily separated from your hard earned cash

In these shops you don't know if the material is from Normandy or Germany, in the 90's a friend of me bought in Stuttgart helmets....for turists.
    In this time, there is a process against one or two of the shops. judgment the 23 of march.

Hi Aps, Im staying at grandcamp maisy for the 70th, should be a very good event.
    The Best militaria shop is at Arromanche les bains funny enough called arromanche militaria so pretty unforgettable. He speaks really good English too which is a bonus.
    Bad news is its a very small shop, it gets busy and the stuff is piled up everywhere so good luck - you will need it.
    Ps. He loves a haggle.
    I would be interested if anybody knows where the ones near Utah beach are ?
    matty

The ones near Utah have problems....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2