Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Changing collecting interests, how has your collecting interest changed over the years?

Article about: Oftentimes when I see someone sell an item they mention that they have changed their collecting focus, and it no longer fits into their collection. I'm currently downsizing everything that i

?

Default Changing collecting interests, how has your collecting interest changed over the years?

Oftentimes when I see someone sell an item they mention that they have changed their collecting focus, and it no longer fits into their collection. I'm currently downsizing everything that isn't Heer Infanterie items, so most of my political items and WW1 items are being sold off(which I find it almost as much fun as buying sometimes). I was wondering what all of you used to collect and no longer collect, how has your collection grown and evolved?

Default Re: Changing collecting interests, how has your collecting interest changed over the years?

Hi Eddie,

I used to collect just about anything military with a leaning towards British WWII items, then changed to mostly just WWII German items, then decided to try and just focus on WWII German DAK/Tropical items and now having gone somewhat full circle I am now only buying WWII British items, mostly!!!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Changing collecting interests, how has your collecting interest changed over the years?

I used to focus on Hitler Youth and NSDAP items but I am now into EK's and SS

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Haha, it's funny what changes and what stays the same isnt it? Man, DAK/Tropical stuff is really neat, I'm looking at at DAK belt at the moment, I'll make sure and post a thread if I can score it!

?

I used to focus on WWII US but now I buy pretty much whatever intrests me!

?

I used to buy anything and everything TR related. I realised I couldn't buy everything and needed to focus so I thought about the things I like looking at and concentrated on those.

I collect EK2s, Mothers Crosses, Minesweeper badges and their associated paraphanalia mainly but still want a representitive example of each badge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Ha, Nick, your collection came to mind actually, it's been fun to watch you switch gears collecting wise here on the forum, and you always have great examples. The sock drawer will always crack me up though

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I used to buy anything and everything TR related. I realised I couldn't buy everything and needed to focus so I thought about the things I like looking at and concentrated on those.

I collect EK2s, Mothers Crosses, Minesweeper badges and their associated paraphanalia mainly but still want a representitive example of each badge.
    It's really satisfying to get that representative example isn't it?

- - Updated - -

Quote by LarryC View Post
    I used to focus on WWII US but now I buy pretty much whatever intrests me!
    Ha, you're going in the opposite direction from me, I'm trying to narrow and you're expanding! Funny.

?

I started collecting everything. Then decided to only collect Caps. But now after some thought I am going to collect only Imperial prussian headgear and uniforms, as that area has always interested me.

Cheers, Patrick

I also collected everything at first. Now I plan to sell most of my relic helmets, ammo boxes and other large items and focus on awards, trench art and photos. But when I see something interesting in the flea market - sorry but I can not resist and I will buy it anyway:-).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast