Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(Civil War) " My Experience as a Prisoner of War " family Story

Article about: Hello All, I had made a post explaining my wife's interesting family lineage when we made a trip to the Grand Canyon and the Percival Lowell observatory. One of those stories is of a Confede

?

Default (Civil War) " My Experience as a Prisoner of War " family Story

Hello All,
    I had made a post explaining my wife's interesting family lineage when we made a trip to the Grand Canyon and the Percival Lowell observatory.
    One of those stories is of a Confederate soldier from Kentucky. I was given this story by my Mother in law. I do love history and researching it. So she gave me a copy. After reading this ,I made contact with this Fort Delaware POW camp's historical society.
    I asked if they would be interested in this story, They replied " Yes! We have been looking for Asa for a long time ". So after I sent this story, they asked if I would mind if they could publish it in their newsletter. I agreed and was promised a copy of the news letter. Well It came in the mail this week and I thought I would share it here.
    Here is the story. This is a scan of the book.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Cover page.jpg

- - ------- - -

Pg 11.jpg

pg 12.jpg

SF
    Phil

?

pg 17.jpg

I hope you all found this as intriguing as I did.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you for sharing this with the forum.

Mart

Interesting reading, Phil. Thank you!
    Stig

Enjoyed reading that Phil, great to have some known family military history as far back as the American civil war! Thanks ,paul

?

It goes back even further on her side. She has the certificate for "The Daughters of the Revolutionary War"

On page 16, Asa mentions a relative "Ansel Shropeshire" His Grand Father served in the Revolutionary war.
    They go WAY back.
    Here is the first to come to the New World.

" Rev. St. John Shropshire, Sr. was matriculated from Magdalene Hall, Oxford, England 4/9/1685. He had a BA degree from Queen's College, Oxford. St. John was ordained at the Anglican Church at Winchester Cathedral in 1692. The Church of England sent Rev. St. John Shropshire to the Virginia Colonies and first evidence of his being in Virginia was November 1694."

Yes my children can boast about their Heritage. Looks like I married into a very interesting Family history!!

I'm glad that others do like this as much as I did doing the research.

Semper Fi
    Phil

That's really very interesting Phil.
    Thanks for posting it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Fantastic Phil. I will read this (once I'm in front of a PC, eyes are too old for cell phone sized screens)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast