Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Close Combat: The Longest Day Campaign Thread

Article about: Hi guys! So, it's time to reveal a nerdy passion of mine. Every few months or so, when I find that I have a lot of free time, I fill it with a campaign of one of my favorite games- Close Com

Default Re: Close Combat: The Longest Day Campaign Thread

My first engagement was between Grenadier Regiment 919 and the 502nd PIR of the 101st Airborne at St. Germaine de Verreville. I managed to rout the Germans out of the town, but they are still in the outskirts. They will need to be weeded out in the morning.

I took excessive casualties, but I got the job done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

I have a lot of good memories from this game. I liked the flamethrower vehicles. If they would remake these games i would buy them again.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I have a lot of good memories from this game. I liked the flamethrower vehicles. If they would remake these games i would buy them again.
    They did remake them! This particular one is a remake of CC5. There is actually a new one coming out by the end of the year!

The second engagement of the night: The 506th PIR takes St. Marie du Mont from an Ostbattailon. I can't recall which battalion it was, exactly. Anyway, I took it with minimum casualties and managed to disband the ostbattailon. Two of my men earned Bronze Stars, and I took one prisoner.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    They did remake them! This particular one is a remake of CC5. There is actually a new one coming out by the end of the year!
    Do you have anymore info on this?

?

Wonderful news regarding CC ! I just got dissapointed with the "remake" of X-COM. So i hope the CC remake is more promising.

Thanks for the info, i hope it comes out before Christmas.

After the 501st PIR landed in Vierville, I moved them east to Brevands, where the encountered II./ Fallschirmjaeger Regiment 6.

Unfortunately, the only way into the area was by bridge. The FJ's had an MG42 team waiting for me at the end of it. By the time I took on about 5 casualties I figured that it was either now or never, so I just ran the entire company down the bridge, straight into the MG42, and had them engage in hand-to-hand combat. After that I pulled a few maneuvers and got rid of a few more gaggles of Fallschirmjaeger. The important part is that I established a bridgehead, and I now have room to move in the morning.

The last one for today...

Further west, the 508th PIR of the 82nd Airborne Division landed at La Fiere Causeway, where they had to defend it against Grenadier Regiment 1057 of the 91st Infantry Division. I was successful, but again took heavy casualties. The causeway is secure and I am beginning to form somewhat of a liberated territory.

I had a stratigic game the bulge the computer kept cheating.first shooter for me.excause spelling on the zivana cheers hic.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast